+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thomas was sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    If that was the case, why didn't Ardley should say that?
    Just don’t think it would have helped the situation or the player .

Quote Originally Posted by piegonk74 View Post
    Just don’t think it would have helped the situation or the player .
    He's still without a club.

It didn't seem right at the time that a player under contract and refusing to play or train, is able to claim wages, So Notts sacked him and quite rightly to

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    It probably ended up hurting us as much as him. Buttttt, Covid is not to be messed with. It may well not impact too much on young, fit players but they all have older relatives.
    It seems probable that Roberts has been hit by long covid. His inability to recover fully has been a mystery for a long time despite all the medical attention. It is not a respecter of fitness and age. If the Thomas story is true he has done a lot of damage to the club.

Maybe Ardley didn't want to let the other players know the real reason, who knows. Maybe he didn't think it was his role to make the statement.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    He's still without a club.
    I remember many were keeping a close eye on Thomas and how soon it would be before he signed with a new club.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    It didn't seem right at the time that a player under contract and refusing to play or train, is able to claim wages, So Notts sacked him and quite rightly to
    I have no clue what the facts are, but I always felt there was more to this situation than the explanation released by the club.

This version seems as credible as any others I've read.

Explains a pariah situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    I was given **** by one or two on here when I booted off about Thomas to the extent I apologised when he wasn’t training because of family reasons. Some bull**** about serious illness.
    If it is true he was sacked then I want apologies from those who called me out. You know who you are.

A massive error of judgment on his part if true. The loss of Thomas, and the affects of COVID on our squad around that time, really derailed our season and we never truly recovered. From the player involved to the club and the fans, everyone has suffered because of this.

How much difference would a fit and firing Wes Thomas made this season?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I was given **** by one or two on here when I booted off about Thomas to the extent I apologised when he wasn’t training because of family reasons. Some bull**** about serious illness.
    If it is true he was sacked then I want apologies from those who called me out. You know who you are.
    I have no idea but I could have been one of them. Based on what we knew then it seemed reasonable that he 'might' be afraid of the disease affecting his family. If this new information is correct then that changes everything and he should indeed be roundly criticised for endangering the whole club from many different angles, not least the health of the staff on and off the pitch. In addition causing the withdrawal from the FA Cup, the fixture pile-up, Long Covid in the playing staff. You name it in fact!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast