+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Eastleigh 19.02.22 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    We play Maidenhead away in our last game of the season….it’s sad to say but would anyone actually fancy us going there and getting a win to win the league, don’t think I would!
    If we needed a win to win the league I would fancy us. The reason being is that we would have overturned an 11 point deficit with more away games to be played between now and that last game. Confidence would be sky high. We would take a more than decent away following and Maidenhead would have nothing to play for.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    If we needed a win to win the league I would fancy us. The reason being is that we would have overturned an 11 point deficit with more away games to be played between now and that last game. Confidence would be sky high. We would take a more than decent away following and Maidenhead would have nothing to play for.
    Maidenhead is an absolute graveyard of promotion challengers. All of the top 7 have played there now and 5 of them have returned with nothing. For a club that's one place above the drop and one that few of us had heard of before relegation, that's quite a stat.

It's crazy that Notts have now won 6 of the last 9, yet we have dropped from 5th to 8th during that sequence. Obviously we've had a fair few games postponed in that time, but none of the five directly above us have played more than one game more. If it carries on like this we won't be able to drop many points without running the risk of either facing two away games to reach the play off final or even missing out altogether.

By contrast, the relegation battle seems to have been decided already, though Altrincham appear to be quite determined to get involved with it if Weymouth can find any sort of form.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Maidenhead is an absolute graveyard of promotion challengers. All of the top 7 have played there now and 5 of them have returned with nothing. For a club that's one place above the drop and one that few of us had heard of before relegation, that's quite a stat.

It's crazy that Notts have now won 6 of the last 9, yet we have dropped from 5th to 8th during that sequence. Obviously we've had a fair few games postponed in that time, but none of the five directly above us have played more than one game more. If it carries on like this we won't be able to drop many points without running the risk of either facing two away games to reach the play off final or even missing out altogether.

By contrast, the relegation battle seems to have been decided already, though Altrincham appear to be quite determined to get involved with it if Weymouth can find any sort of form.
    I get your point about the points they have picked up at home. It’s likely those points gained at hone will keep them up.
    I just feel that if Notts have something riding on the game against them, and in all likelihood they don’t need the points. It will be a nothing game for them. That would give us a massive advantage.

I get your point about the points they have picked up at home. It’s likely those points gained at hone will keep them up.
    I just feel that if Notts have something riding on the game against them, and in all likelihood they don’t need the points. It will be a nothing game for them. That would give us a massive advantage.
    Not necessarily, teams with nothing to play for can be dangerous opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    You weren't at Meadow Lane yesterday Ken?

Let me guess instead you were in North Derbyshire watching Chesterfield FC throwing away a 2 goal lead and Solihull not respecting the point?

As others have commented a good result for Notts IMO but who would have thought Solihull would he up in 6th and ahead of us currently? Above average manager perhaps Ken?
    Poor manager for us , cost us dear, bored us to death and became the nearly man, flattered to deceive by beating the minnows and failing to beat the big boys when it was 11 against 11 on the grass !.Rumour has it he has a top four budget so when they slip out the top seven they wont be happy over in solihull.
    Still not bad for a manager who you said should never have been the manager of our club...
    Xxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Another one View Post
    Yes we did.
    I didn't vote for him...!

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I remember the last time we had games in hand to avoid relegation. As each game came and went and lost we kept thinking “”all is not lost yet” but it was…
    That year was the last time I bet on Notts to win a game, such is experience.
    One word....
    ARDLEY !!!!

When you consider the respective size and resources of the two, Notts County Football Club should head to Maidenhead United Football Club with confidence at any time we play them. I'm not one for arrogance or bullishness, but perhaps in recent years we've become too ready to accept (past) Notts County teams dramatically underperforming against smaller clubs. That's why we're in the National League right now. There comes a time when you have to look at the likely wage budgets of our team versus our opponents and say 'go out there and show why you get paid more'. To be fair, with the current team and head coach, they are more than capable of doing so.
    Last edited by jackal2; 20-02-2022 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    We made hard work of it today always looked to play the safe ball, our dominance deserved more goals.
    Or tried to walk it in, we really should have scored six again, one occasion in the second half we broke to the edge of their box then passed our way back to our keeper. No problem with Vincent being left out for this formation as long as Blunt isn't shoehorned in ahead of him.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast