+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Cricket.

Abysmal display by England but much blame must go to the ECB for producing a schedule without any cricket for four or five weeks before a test match. No cricket for that amount of time in the middle of Summer is just plain ridiculous. Sport is run by idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Abysmal display by England but much blame must go to the ECB for producing a schedule without any cricket for four or five weeks before a test match. No cricket for that amount of time in the middle of Summer is just plain ridiculous. Sport is run by idiots.
    Ludicrous not to have any four day county matches between the India test and now.

This Hundred is an abortion but the crowd sizes due to mums and kids is going to ensure it continues.

We have created a Frankenstein when all that was needed was a more vibrant T20 Blast product but the county’s wouldn’t play ball.

A two day Test at Lords is a shameful episode in our history.

I’ll repeat myself; the Hundred and 20/20 is not cricket, it is more like a concoction of excrement akin to American rounders, served up for those with minimal attention spans and no understanding of the game of cricket. The Hundred and 20/20 will bring about the end of the county game and test cricket. Attending such rubbish is not helping cricket.

No application, no patience, no foot movement, complete lack of any skill, all this thanks to white ball cricket, it’s as though the England batsmen are on a timer, sadly can’t see Joe Root scoring another hundred any time soon, it’s ok being positive but being downright reckless is ridiculous, the best batsman in the world being brought down to these standards.
    As for the Hundred, to halt county cricket for this abomination is scandalous, all down to money because the kids are off.
    County cricket restarts September when we get ridiculous 1st inns scores of 60-70 all out
    ECB killing the game for money

Selectors need to get their heads out of their a r s s e s.

Opening batsmen should be selected based on their technique, especially if they’re young.

Quirky like Burns, too leg side like Sibley, too leaden footed like Lee’s and Crawley should immediately be bypassed.

It’s almost impossible to make “quirky” work at Test level, Steve Smith has managed it but god knows how, I suspect that as his visual accuracy declines he’ll suddenly become a walking LBW.

Pope and Root have the correct technical ability, to be completely honest here, I’d be opening with that pair at the moment.

The reasons for not doing so are completely invalid as both tend to be in within 10 overs anyway.

Whatever happens Lees and Crawley have to go!

I like Potts as a bowler but he has to improve his batting, we need an 8 and 9 who can score runs and Potts is a number 10 at best at the moment.

I’d like to see Moen Ali back at 8 next week or even opening instead of Crawley.

Anything as opener is better than that plank, even if it’s Buttler or someone else throwing the bat.

First and foremost though......technique.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I’ll repeat myself; the Hundred and 20/20 is not cricket, it is more like a concoction of excrement akin to American rounders, served up for those with minimal attention spans and no understanding of the game of cricket. The Hundred and 20/20 will bring about the end of the county game and test cricket. Attending such rubbish is not helping cricket.
    I absolutely loved the touring test series each summer in England and even the overseas tours, I loved.
    But as soon as the shied away from test to the minimum overs, I lost interest.
    Agree with you on this one Ketts....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)