+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cricket.

The Cricket.

Can someone please tell Zak Crawley to just f u c k off!

Same dismissal time after time.

Idiot.

Can someone please tell the England batsmen that they are allowed to move their feet, preferably to the pitch of the ball

In the middle of a drought and rain stops play for the day.
    Oh, well that was handy.....

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Can someone please tell Zak Crawley to just f u c k off!

Same dismissal time after time.

Idiot.
    The number of plays and misses in his innings probably exceeded the 9 runs he scored. Averaging 24 for Kent. Meanwhile Compton is the only player with 1000+ runs and Brook is averaging over 100. Seem to remember having this same conversation 2 months ago. Do we ever learn?

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    The number of plays and misses in his innings probably exceeded the 9 runs he scored. Averaging 24 for Kent. Meanwhile Compton is the only player with 1000+ runs and Brook is averaging over 100. Seem to remember having this same conversation 2 months ago. Do we ever learn?
    This mantra of “giving a player a game too many rather than a game too few” to prove themselves is getting ridiculous.

It’s harder to get out of this side than into it FFS.

The two openers are not good enough.......end of!!

We should be giving games out to each prospect until some grab the nettle, if it means two matches and you’re out then so be it.

I think Compton is too limited as a player but he’s worth two matches.

Brook is class and needs to play.

We also desperately need a bowler who can bat at number 8, Woakes is a big miss.

I used to love it when we had Broad batting like a millionaire at number 8 and Swann smashing it at number 9.

From Potts onwards we’re a walking wicket nowadays.

As for openers, I’d rather try Lyth again than stick with Crawley.

Fake ‘cricket’, the abominable Hundred and 20/20, is ruining Test Cricket; too few batsmen have the patience and determination to build an innings. Well done to the ECB for ****ing up Test Cricket.

I remember a great innings by Graham Gooch years ago, where he carried his bat, I think against W Indies.
    Probably the last bats man with patience.

I’ve been watching the cricket today, sadly England’s bowling hasn’t been good but Jimmy Anderson has just made a breakthrough. I don’t know who the commentator is but he sounds like a fool having remarked that it wasn’t fair that Dean Elgar was out! His Co-commentator at the moment is some Australian woman, hopeless, Sky box ticking I suppose.

Another pointless aspect of cricket nowadays is having names and numbers on the players shirts. If you’re watching on TV the commentary tells you who is who and if you are in the ground, you probably can’t read them anyway! If players pull on a sweater the names and numbers are covered up! Ridiculous practice.

2nd inns, Ta, Ta Crawley, one of the worst players ever to play for England

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)