+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith (H) 16th Dec

No.

If we had got a keeper like Walton in on loan last January and hadn't found the exceptional manager that was already walking the corridors of Tannadice I don't think we would be in this situation. As it is we could find ourselves in the playoffs and although Neilson cheered we know what then happened and I just feel that we could experience de-ja vu. Hopefully, I'm wrong and we get automatic promotion.................

And sorry but Tony Watt can phuck right off. Mochrie was miles better while he was on.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    And sorry but Tony Watt can phuck right off. Mochrie was miles better while he was on.
    He won't be going anywhere until his contract is either up or paid up. No c*nt is ever gonna pay him what he's currently on and no c*nt will want him anyway.

It's unlikely to happen. But we could do with a couple of players in Jan that can make an almost immediate impact.

Tony Watt is a fraud. He was signed to amongst other things.....score goals. The fact that our defenders have outscored his overall tally in one season is a disgrace.
    It would be like keeping Poppadom because he is good at goalkicks and overlooking the goalkeeping part.
    Goodwin is on a shoogly peg for me now. 2 cups and the losses after the split last season. He seems incapable of getting this team up for any big game.
    And finally, looking at our bench today and thinking that Mark Ogren doesn't need to spend money, should see you locked up in the loony bin.
    We need a massive boot up the erse, money needs spent and we need to get some of these players replaced.
    We are still strong favourites to win this league but we need to stop any rot before it happens!

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Tony Watt is a fraud. He was signed to amongst other things.....score goals. The fact that our defenders have outscored his overall tally in one season is a disgrace.
    It would be like keeping Poppadom because he is good at goalkicks and overlooking the goalkeeping part.
    Goodwin is on a shoogly peg for me now. 2 cups and the losses after the split last season. He seems incapable of getting this team up for any big game.
    And finally, looking at our bench today and thinking that Mark Ogren doesn't need to spend money, should see you locked up in the loony bin.
    We need a massive boot up the erse, money needs spent and we need to get some of these players replaced.
    We are still strong favourites to win this league but we need to stop any rot before it happens!
    I'd agree with all of this except the last line. No way we are strong favourites in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Sande_Man View Post
    Goodwin schooled by a better coach!

Anyone complaining about our squad has a point but the fact of the matter is that we have a better squad than any other team in the league including Raith!
    No we dont! And it was proved on the park today. I accept that most peoples first pick team at the top of their game should be at the top of the league just now, but barring Walton, Sibbald, McMann and Gallacher, there are too many in that team, who are quite frankly taking turns at letting us down week after week.

After that first pick team, there is no credible cover for both full backs, Tilson is adequate at best, Cudjoe is off the boil, and the Glass/Watt/Mochrie conundrum cannot sort itself out!

Looking at the Raith substitutes, not one of them weakened the team, while our 2 had a questionable effect on an improvement, and no credible options for another change to make any impact!

We finally seen today we are a championship team at best. Not one person in that team has the ability to move up to the next level and the SPFL. We are where we are because we r pi??. Only one team was up for the hard word today and it certainly wasn't Utd. Rovers dug in and fought for everything. We were slow to ever first and second ball and the movement was just not there. Nobody wanted to take the ball and drive . They were scared to take their man on and run wi the ball. let's not kid ourself this result has been coming for weeks now. We need rid of some players in January and money spent or it's another year in the championship.

There was nothing in that game today. They took their only real chance and Middleton missed ours when he should have scored.

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)