+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: FA Investigating Jodi Jones Behaviour at Mansfield

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    That's terrible if true (although I haven't seen anything on this except from Notts fans on here), but the majority of the abuse was because we was cheating.
    You certainly were cheating, but the ref did nothing about it. Jones was kicked, pushed, pulled, held, leaned on right from the start but the ref turned a blind eye. If Jones broke the rules he deserves to be punished, but the protection he was given amounted to zero.

ps That ref has officiated a Mansfield game five times, and you've won all five. He might as well have put a yellow shirt on for most of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You certainly were cheating, but the ref did nothing about it. Jones was kicked, pushed, pulled, held, leaned on right from the start but the ref turned a blind eye. If Jones broke the rules he deserves to be punished, but the protection he was given amounted to zero.

ps That ref has officiated a Mansfield game five times, and you've won all five. He might as well have put a yellow shirt on for most of the game.
    You're not wrong. To be fair though, I thought Mansfield's ref was one of their better performers on the day.

Behave mate, I obviously meant 'he'.

For anyone without black and white specs on, it was abundantly clear that he simply wasn't physically able to match a proper full back. It's a physical game where you have to be able to take a shoulder charge or hard, but fair, challenge. Jodi couldn't cope with being bettered on that front and threw an almighty wobbly.

Of course, harder challenges are often up for debate, as shown by this debate, and refs can take either side, but I don't think Jodi did his integrity (and therefore chances of getting a foul) any good by falling over like he'd been shot whenever anyone was within half a metre of him. Cynical play by him that reaped precisely what it merited - naff all.

I don't think Jodi did his integrity (and therefore chances of getting a foul) any good by falling over like he'd been shot whenever anyone was within half a metre of him.
    That did not happen.

It's just something you've made up.

That did not happen.

Have to agree. from what I saw he was certainly well marshalled but had a go. Credit to Mansfield for stopping the play, but they seem to think they are some kind of super team for stopping Notts. Truth is we are going through a poor patch as we transition, and on the day I thought Mansfield seemed rather overawed with the game and were certainly a bit lucky to leave with all three points . Jodi did ok, was a bit below par like many of his team mates against a fairly average looking Mansfield side who are certainly very well managed. Not withstanding Notts need far more in their book of tricks to break down average sides like Mansfield. Our record against the better teams in terms of league position reads very very poorly and we clearly don't have what is required to consistently get points out of them. Langstaff in particular, just look where he gets his goals.

That did not happen.

Aye, course I have. You clearly weren't at the game.

I give credit where it's due, and Mansfield feeling a sense of achievement at having stopped the best attacking team in the division with our manager in the stands and players missing is fair enough I think, but Jones was an embarrassment.

A neutral fan with us agreed that he was trying to con the ref from early on in the game. It was pretty obvious for anyone not of a Notts persuasion.

I think he was at the game. I wasn't but watched it live and the ref let Cargill do it all game, first to Jones, then to Nemane. It was a close game and either team could game won it. No complaints about the loss as such but the referee was very weak and didn't even book Cargill even though he gave about 15 fouls away. You can lose a game and still say the ref was weak on one of your players, which he was.

It's funny that a neutral fan who watched it with me said he was being fouled constantly. Who'd have thought it eh?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    It's funny that a neutral fan who watched it with me said he was being fouled constantly. Who'd have thought it eh?
    I’m just amazed someone who isn’t a mansfailed fan would pay to watch them. Unless they turned up to watch us of course.

You clearly weren't at the game.
    Another addition to the growing list of things you've got wrong.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast