+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Watford Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Watford didn't turn up (their supporters in the pub said they haven't turned up since before Christmas) and were there for the taking. Just don't see where Richardson is taking us and if we lose the next three,especially the Wednesday match i'd expect the chairman to be looking for yet another manager to deflect the criticism from himself.
    I agree with you, I think he’s got three games. I don’t think that’s the right thing to do at all but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if TS pulled the trigger. I think it’s the reason our first, second and third choices didn’t take the job, they knew there was a very good chance they’d be out of work again by March.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I agree with you, I think he’s got three games. I don’t think that’s the right thing to do at all but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if TS pulled the trigger. I think it’s the reason our first, second and third choices didn’t take the job, they knew there was a very good chance they’d be out of work again by March.
    Sack LR? Really? And replace with who? A gig few want. We need to spend a few seasons 'professionalising' our set up from training to youth team to recruitment and retention and medical team so that we have better foundations in place - and a clear plan. Until we start taking ourselves more seriously as a club others will not. Our training facilities for this level are wholly inadequate. We cannot do this whilst we are in the repeatedly futile act of firefighting with inadequate equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Sack LR? Really? And replace with who? A gig few want. We need to spend a few seasons 'professionalising' our set up from training to youth team to recruitment and retention and medical team so that we have better foundations in place - and a clear plan. Until we start taking ourselves more seriously as a club others will not. Our training facilities for this level are wholly inadequate. We cannot do this whilst we are in the repeatedly futile act of firefighting with inadequate equipment.
    I said I don’t think it’d be the right thing to do at all but it just wouldn’t surprise me one bit if it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I said I don’t think it’d be the right thing to do at all but it just wouldn’t surprise me one bit if it happened.
    Thanks for clarifying - we're in need of some stability and time to regroup and solidify robust, professional foundations about the way we go about the business of being a football club

Stability is certainly what’s required for what’s about to be the biggest overhaul in players in recent times.i don’t think we will struggle to compete if we get he recruitment right,but if we get It wrong this time that could knock us back a few seasons.!.

...............haven't we had a "clear out" every season end? Maybe that's why we're in this position every time in this League?

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    ...............haven't we had a "clear out" every season end? Maybe that's why we're in this position every time in this League?
    Any 25 man squad that includes 5 loanees and 20 players on 1-3 year contracts is going to 'clear out' around 11-12 players or 50% every season.

Watford have some talented players but looked lazy and I likened them to teams we have played more recently like Swansea and Stoke, who were no better than us but we lost all 3 games, all of them by a goal and 2 of them to worldies, the Stoke goal being the other one.
    Our decision making with the ball is more often than not, awful, and as well as ollie played yesterday, in the first half he was put in round the back and coming in Nombe was screaming for it, and it was a simple lay off for a great chance but ollie decided to delay until he was closed down, and it happens too often with too many players. All in all we were desperately unlucky to lose the game but it seems that everything that could go wrong has gone wrong this season, what with injuries and, certainly earlier on this season, some shocking decisions that went against us, and I'll keep saying it that the main fault with the squad is the absence of attacking wide players to get us up the pitch and it seems like every other team we play has them in abundance. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Any 25 man squad that includes 5 loanees and 20 players on 1-3 year contracts is going to 'clear out' around 11-12 players or 50% every season.
    Also I maybe wrong and maybe rules have change as they do without fanfare,but isnt it only a 20 man squad in league one and below,to try and encourage more home grown talent.like I say maybe wrong in that,but if so thats why they maybe a bigger cull.be to be honest some need to move on regardless of tha anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    stop talking sense. We have a football club built on sand , nice football ground and that’s it .

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast