+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Swindon Town [EFL L2] 29.03.24

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Just when you think we can’t be any worse at making individual errors this season we make the most basic of errors in passing the ball back to the keeper right towards goal. It’s a school boy mistake.
    How long can this be allowed to continue ?
    I’m not one to moan but this season is going from bad to worse and it’s got nothing do with being beaten by better teams as I could cope with that !

Our passing is just not what it used to be either. Too many misplaced passes not going to a Notts player. We hardly used to give the ball away when passing. I’m guessing the pass completion stat has lowered in 2024.

We seem completely devoid of spirit

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Business as usual!!! Back pass beats Slocombe and simple tap in 1- 0 Swindon
    Sounds slightly harsh on Slocombe, it was a terrible back pass. Just poor, scrambled thinking. I did wonder towards the end of Luke's tenure how much 'coaching' there was in terms of players' decision making and how much was actually 'telling' them which doesn't help them to think for effectively for themselves under pressure

Quote Originally Posted by Could'vebeenacontender View Post
    We seem completely devoid of spirit
    And there's an obvious reason for that. Zero leadership on and off the pitch!!!

Swindon hitting the woodwork.

Stall: We are absolutely all over the place Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    How long can this be allowed to continue ?
    I’m not one to moan but this season is going from bad to worse and it’s got nothing do with being beaten by better teams as I could cope with that !
    Further blushes would have been spared as it would have been an own goal if it wasn’t for the post. You can play out from the back but goodness me not in such a way that if the keeper is not there it goes in our net.

‘ Stall and Brace reacted to that goal as if Bella Emberg and The Roly Polys had all invaded the pitch naked and begun performing cartwheels.’

A prediction that this comment will be the highlight of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Our passing is just not what it used to be either. Too many misplaced passes not going to a Notts player. We hardly used to give the ball away when passing. I’m guessing the pass completion stat has lowered in 2024.
    Robertson having a poor game so far giving the ball away constantly, not impressed!

The right hand side is embarrassing, they obviously have worked out Jones can’t defend, how many crosses from that side have come in unchallenged?

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast