+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: He was our No 1 choice from the outset.

The reason for Stendel being a good appointment is that he will put bums on seats - but they also need to accept he needs backing and not to expect miracles with what is likely to be a low budget

Reality is that our current squad is no way near what Stendel and Hecky etc had at their disposal.

We are fast becoming like Charlton, a mediocre League 3 club.

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    I hear alot of people say this, but I think people only remember how he got them playing and not what they were when he joined.
    Ethan Pinnock wasn't the player we know until Stendel came - there were glimpses of a decent footballer but he only played a dozen games and wasnt overly convincing. Liam Lindsay looked a better defender in the championship

Alex Mowatt - had been farmed out to Oxford the season before - I would guess if you asked Mowatt a turning point in his career it was down to Stendel - Mowatt looked on his way out into the non league and wasnt the player he is now until stendel came.

Kieffer Moore was god awful in the championship, and Stendel got a tune out of him

I think we under estimate Stendels influence on that team and its individuals.

Lets be fair with the championship season - we did the usual Barnsley thing and sold a winning team and expected to compete with half a new one - so Stendel was chucked under the bus

Good post, couldn't agree more

I was a big Stendel fan myself , loved the bloke and was gutted when he was sacked .

He did a fantastic job that league one season picking up the pieces from the championship relegation and he improved a huge number of that team who were struggling for confidence and direction .

Here's the thing though , he had the tools to do the job until the owners sold half his team after we got promoted .

He walks in to the situation today and he'll find he hasn't got anywhere near the kind of ability he enjoyed during his first spell and that's not likely to improve .

This doesn't bode well either because he hasn't the tools to do the job in the championship following the sales and he completely lost the plot , we were a shambles at the back and he didn't know how to fix it .

Struber walked in and fixed it straightaway and we slowly began to get some points .

Struber in my opinion was the better coach .

I personally believe Daniel would struggle here this time , massively .

It's a glorious opportunity to get some old fashioned fun and excitement back to Oakwell.

There is also a rumour of Hourihane returning as player coach.

Get a good coaching team to do the graft organising on the training pitch and let Stendel do what he was good at last time--motivating the crowd and players to enjoy the game for a change rather than the dull, turgid stuff served up in recent seasons..

Go Gung Ho for goals, bring back wingers, win or lose 4-3 like the old Newcastle style. Fans have become bored into submission thinking coaches who gets 1-0 results through a defensive game or hoofball are wonderful.

Bring back the Stendel Way. I would even go to watch it myself !

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    I hear alot of people say this, but I think people only remember how he got them playing and not what they were when he joined.
    Ethan Pinnock wasn't the player we know until Stendel came - there were glimpses of a decent footballer but he only played a dozen games and wasnt overly convincing. Liam Lindsay looked a better defender in the championship

Alex Mowatt - had been farmed out to Oxford the season before - I would guess if you asked Mowatt a turning point in his career it was down to Stendel - Mowatt looked on his way out into the non league and wasnt the player he is now until stendel came.

Kieffer Moore was god awful in the championship, and Stendel got a tune out of him

I think we under estimate Stendels influence on that team and its individuals.

Lets be fair with the championship season - we did the usual Barnsley thing and sold a winning team and expected to compete with half a new one - so Stendel was chucked under the bus
    Reno - as you will know - we don’t sign the finished article.
    We sign rough diamonds that have potential.
    Some make it - some don’t.

So not only Pinnock - I cant remember any recent signings over this last 5 seasons that has been brilliant from day one.
    And most of them get a torrent of abuse from supporters from the start.
    No more than Mads did - the abuse he got stopped him playing.

So we have to consider this - given the right HC then how good are this present crop of players ???
    O’Keeffe
    Shepherd
    Cotter
    Mael
    Pines
    Grant
    Lopata
    Even Watters

I believe that given the right coaching we are going to see massive improvements in most of these players.

BTW - number one choice for HC will have been Thalhammer.
    Believe me when I say - tick the wrong box on the immigration forms and it’s game over.
    Don’t be surprised to hear the immigration lawyer has made a mistake with Thalhammers application.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post

BTW - number one choice for HC will have been Thalhammer.
    Believe me when I say - tick the wrong box on the immigration forms and it’s game over.
    Don’t be surprised to hear the immigration lawyer has made a mistake with Thalhammers application.
    It's not an immigration issue with the fault lying with Border Force lawyers.

It is a Work Visa issue where the fault lay with the club with someone not knowing or not checking properly Thalhammer's work experience record over recent years related to the "new" Brexit Regulations. It is a simple check for someone to determine how many months a person has worked in total (could be more than one job) at a certain Band Level of Qualification/ Responsibility using published tables. A ten minute job

Stendel did a very good job when he got us promoted but I have reservations about him coming back , if we are going down the route of looking at ex managers as a choice I would love Val to come back and I wouldn"t be against Struber but I really think we should be looking at someone like Alex Neil , however I do not trust our owners to get it right especially after their recent run of humiliating gaffs , lets hope I am wrong and they pull out the plum !!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It's not an immigration issue with the fault lying with Border Force lawyers.

It is a Work Visa issue where the fault lay with the club with someone not knowing or not checking properly Thalhammer's work experience record over recent years related to the "new" Brexit Regulations. It is a simple check for someone to determine how many months a person has worked in total (could be more than one job) at a certain Band Level of Qualification/ Responsibility using published tables. A ten minute job
    I didn’t say Border Force - I said an immigration lawyer.
    Which the club will have employed.

It’s not like you SB to have a dig at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I didn’t say Border Force - I said an immigration lawyer.
    Which the club will have employed.

It’s not like you SB to have a dig at the club.
    They want to get their money back from this immigration lawyer you can prove they have employed.

Where the club warrant criticism I shall give it.

Where the club warrant praise I shall give it. Read the Barnsley FC Women's Thread. Page after page of praise from myself

Giving unstinting blind faith where the club is always right through being a devoted Club Loyalist means the club never learns to do things better in the future.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 16-05-2024 at 03:41 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast