+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: New Signings?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Erm, did I mention you moaning in any post herein? Newboy ramAnang maybe. But clearly you recognise yourself ����
    To quote some helpfully negative little soul on Saturday, ‘Yawn, reset, reload, yawn......’

Hi Lads, see you are doing OK in your new League, now it would seem you are after Everton loanee Tom Cannon, well I have to tell you that we( the Lions) are also keen. Because your previous player Mason Bennett is injured again, never know when he will be back despite his talent.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Hi Lads, see you are doing OK in your new League, now it would seem you are after Everton loanee Tom Cannon, well I have to tell you that we( the Lions) are also keen. Because your previous player Mason Bennett is injured again, never know when he will be back despite his talent.
    We've already got one young Toffee striker (Lewis Dobbin) in on loan. Don't really think we need a 2nd young un from them. We have a young un of our own (injured curently) in Cybulski.

Indeed, and given Everton's league standing to date, and last year, another one of their fringe strikers probably is going to be about as useful as a chocolate tepot, or perhaps taking Harry Maguire on loan

Anang out till October with a broken arm following a kick in training. Good start!

We still have Loach and young Foulkes.

Linked with Lee Gregory again...although apparently it would have to be on a free. Can’t see Wednesday doing us any favours and I’m not sure about him anyway but presumably Rosenior knows what he offers.
    Still suspect we’re more likely to pick up young Canon on loan from Everton.

They'd be doing us a favour by keeping him, so he's on his way!

Id prefer a youngster on loan but Gregory was decent last time he was here

Problem is hes in the Collins mould and we still havent got Collins scoring yet lol

With the restrictions we are under signing a true 'goal scorer' is nigh on a impossible, end of!
    So, there has to be a compromise and a Collins type is the best option.... however, it means goals need to come from other areas and, at present, they are not. I don't see us improving the 'goals for' column from the 'strikers' so it's essential that Bird et al step up.
    For a couple of years we have a millstone around our neck and a lump of concrete clamped to our ankles but despite that we (by that I mean the owner, the club staff, the manager and his staff and not least the fans) have made unbelievable strides in the long process of rebuilding. The strength of the squad far exceeds my best hopes at this juncture but, unfortunately, the one area that will take the longest to resolve is goal scoring. Every team in the footballing world want the best striker they can get, for us at this time that's Collins or similar. Collins is working his socks off for the team and that is a bloody good compromise!

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)