+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Let's Face Fact's We're Going Down

re: Let's Face Fact's We're Going Down

If TS had been totally focused on staying in the division, he'd have gone for Gray as manager. He didn't, and favoured a man who's good at developing youth. That tells me that he's looking long-term, rather than just trying to survive this season. I see a lot of United's games because my brother-in-law is a Blades fan and I go with him, and I can tell you that if Rotjerham are relegated then you've nothing to fear. The Millers are a much better side than they were 18 months ago, and provided the club can retain it's players they'll go back up pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by a123
    Not sure what point you are trying to make apart from stating the obvious?!?

You mention Barnsley and Doncaster like you are proving a point. Ask those fans if they'd rather stay in Division 1 or win the league or go to Wembley and win? What would their answer be?

Did you go to Wembley? Probably the greatest football memory that will say with me all my life. If someone said you are going to be relegated in 2 seasons time back to division 1 and gave you a choice of loosing at Wembley and staying in league 1 or going into the Championship there and then what would you choose?????? Obviously you'd stay in League 1 with Barnsley and Donny as look what happened to them.
    The point I'm trying to make is I'm worried that as things stand we're on the road to nowhere

Fozzie

So now we resort to insults.

You know nothing about me yet you imply I'm some sort of loser.

I've achieved plenty in my chosen profession and am more than happy with my lot.

I know I'll go down the bind faith route.

Everything is awesome!! We've got nothing to fear in the league!! We'll be promoted by Christmas!! We'll win the Champions league in the next 5 years!!!

Wow this positive thinking is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a realist mate 40 years of following the Millers let me see the signs of a relegation team and believe me without major surgery this is a relegation team

Quote Originally Posted by a123
    Fozzie

So now we resort to insults.

You know nothing about me yet you imply I'm some sort of loser.

I've achieved plenty in my chosen profession and am more than happy with my lot.

I know I'll go down the bind faith route.

Everything is awesome!! We've got nothing to fear in the league!! We'll be promoted by Christmas!! We'll win the Champions league in the next 5 years!!!

Wow this positive thinking is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a realist mate 40 years of following the Millers let me see the signs of a relegation team and believe me without major surgery this is a relegation team

Insults?!? Where? I think you need to read my post again.

The first part is not aimed at you personally but in people and business people in general and is correct. The second part was meant as a bit of banter as you are questioning a manager after 4 games.

Don't take offence to a bit of banter mate, life too short.

Fair enough!!!

No I'm not a mad Italian, just a pissed off Yorkshireman who doesn't like been at the wrong end of the league despite plenty of experience!!!

Who knows if we win a few I'll probably be back on here saying I was wrong and NR is the messiah.

It's all about opinions after the end of the day.

I have seen Rotherham get promoted and relegated many times through the years since 1960s.poor managers good managers come and go. nothing will change we will go up and down. this year looks like we will go down.( unless formation is changed and some players shipped out. those who don't want to play for us for what ever reason. or some tale that been told to me.}But this is the most prudent chairman we have had. he has put us on a sound footing. Which we should be grateful and not over spend.one day we will be in a sound position while others are in the sh it. But he should have brought in some one with experience as a manager. not some one as green as NR who has done nothing in the way as a manager. except a few months at leeds and got sacked. To me relegation fodder now. Poor choice. But TS is allowed to make mistakes now and then. Maybe next year with more experience NR could be a good manager and get us promoted. Who knows

A123 you're entitled to your opinion but stop the Evans love in how did we do against mk dons and Preston and to diss redfern already is like the post pointless

What Evans love in?

The only mention I've made of SE is that of the 9 points we've manage to get 8 were while he was here.

Was 8 points out of 9 good enough, no way, we we're still in the ********* but things are not getting any better now he's gone.

I'm entitled to my view that NR has got a lot to prove and looking at a number of the replies to this post I'm not alone in needing to be convinced.

I've already said I'm hoping to be eating a large slice of humble pie and NR proving I'm wrong.

I don't really care about your opinion on my post but thanks for sharing it anyway.

A123 so you don't care for my opinion but you want everybody else's bless you did you get bullied at school I'm sorry for not agreeing with you.

It's called a forum some things I agree with some I don't stop been so defensive you sensitive soul and get a grip

No I'm sick of the blind faith that NR is the answer and people attacking me for having a view without stating why they believe things will get better.

No I didn't get bullied at school but thanks for your concern.

I'm struggling to see why, given his previous record at Leeds United people see NR as the answer to our prayers.

Perhaps you could give me an answer to that that doesn't deem my view as pointless.

If you can't take insults don't post them in the first place.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast