+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Face Fact's We're Going Down

Let's Face Fact's We're Going Down

At present we have a mighty 9 points from 13 games and average of 0.7 points a game which over a 46 game season will give us a massive total of 31 points which will be 20 points shy of where we need to be to stay up.

We have played the good, bad and indifferent that the Championship has to offer so please don't give me there are easier games to come rubbish.

More worryingly 8 of the points gained were in the 9 games under Steve Evans we have accrued a massive 1 point from 4 games since he was shown the door, great decision there Tony.

We need to secure 41 points from 33 games which means that between now and the end of the season we need a minimum of a win, draw and defeat in each sequence of 3 matches.

Have we honestly seen enough from the current squad and management to believe we will achieve that?

I'm sorry but my glass is half empty because the current squad of players and management team have shown they are bereft of the ideas and talent to deliver it.

In the 3

re: Let's Face Fact's We're Going Down

haha you slate refearn for only getting 1 point then go on to big up steve evans for getting 8.
    this team is what evans bought/loaned. how can you slate redfearn? not sure if your still angry about last night or deluded.
    give the bloke a chance..
    regards stewart. you slate him for appointing redfearn, you state he hasnt got the funds to keep us in the championship which with the backing he has is simply not true. stewart is running the business as it should be and keeping us in the black.
    people forget before stewart took over our yo-yo level was league 1 and 2.. sine hes been in charge our yo-yo level will now be league 1 and championship...
    you also say you dont want us to repeat financial mistakes of old. then add we need outside investors?? you do realise that outside investors would put money into the club on a loan system. they would still want the money returning some day..

You may be right, you may be wrong, stating the obvious helps no one, also dropping your belief in the team, this early, also helps no one,we ought to pack up now and accept our fate then, be less painful that way wouldn't it.

Everyone has a view and good points made. Give Redders a chance, we can judge later

I agree Redfearn must be given a chance it just seems rather odd after having our best two results and arguably best performances of the season it's all a massive change suddenly

Anyway keep the faith guys let's hope things start to click again

caytonmiller

I'm not saying SE is a god I'm just pointing out facts that since we dispensed with his services we secured a massive 1 point.

Would he have done as well as EB/NR have in the four matches since he left, well he couldn't really have done worse could he unless we managed to lose all 4 of them.

Do you honestly think when making the decision to replace SE it was TS plan that the team would secure 1 point out of the next 12?

The jury has got to be out on NR because he hardly excelled at Leeds United, even if you factor in that their Chairman is a lunatic, as he was dealing with a far better quality of player than we have and they were what lower mid-table?

I hope I'm sat here at the end of the season eating a giant slice of humble pie but as things stand NR needs to change things and fast because we are rapidly heading towards the point where to achieve 50 points in the season we will have to win every other game, I'm sorry but I'm a realist and based on the last

All i would say is this, we know we're never gunna be among the big spenders, but take a look at the table, there's nothing in it, absolutely nothing, and there's no reason we can't finish 4th bottom again, and build a younger, stronger squad under NR, pipe dream? maybe, but i know one thing, dropping that belief now will surely rub off on the players and will make relegation a certainty. Stick together, fans, players, town, and believe until it's impossible, support the players fully, and maybe they may reciprocate.

Love or hate S Evans. he got us eight points. N R has got us 1 point in four games. If you look at what I have put
    it goes to show that it is the manager that helps the side to win. same players who have got us eight points under S Evans 1 point under NR. Neil is the wrong manager at this time for Rufc. No experience. did nothing at leeds with better players. He is not a championship manager at the moment. We should never have taken him on as manager. Soon as he was appointed I thought we are going to be relegated. and that we will be lucky to win another 5-6 games all season. Bad Appointment. Reason. no experance of winning or running a team. When we are relegated, he may be a good league one manager and get us promoted.

Proper makes me chuckle this board at times.

After a great 45 minutes v Reading everyone is so optimistic and looking up the table.

90 minutes of football later and we're doomed, doomed a tell thi,

Usually a change in management occurs when a team is in poor form. The hope is that a change in direction will bring improved performances. At the time we made our change we were in good form - the instability of finding a new manager and then the manager having to assess the squad during a run of quick fire fixtures was always likely to result in what has happened. I don't know the reasons behind SE going but I do think it was foolish to be made when it was. I doubt very much he has changed his style since last season - so if it needed to happen it should have been done in the summer.

I've said a few times all this talk of youth development and a different approach is all well and good but if we do go down neither TS or the fans will have the patience required and redders will be gone

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast