+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tickets for Leeds Utd game....disgusting prices!

“£45 for a 90 minute game is a pound a minute. You do the math.”

Eni Aluko.

I’d want paying more than that to go to Leeds.

The efl rules are very difficult to navigate. But:
    If we were not allowed to charge Leeds fans more than the usual price for the South stand i. e £27 we could not really say to them "we'll charge you £27 if you do the same" they would say "why should we? You can't charge more thsn that anyway - what's in it for us?"
    So - we would presumably have had to drop the price below that to get a deal. In which case I bow to flourbashers superior knowledge. He would be right and I was wrong to doubt him. Profuse apologies. I notice that Huddersfield only dropped their away price from £25 to £20 and Leeds from £45 to £20. So could we have dropped our away price to £20 and get the same deal?
    Was there even a discussion?
    I note Coventry rejected an agreement because they didn't want to charge away fans less than home fans

I think we could charge South stand same price as East and West if we wanted to, just cant charge away fans more than home fans.

Preston agreed to £28, they charged Weds £30. They have 2 categories, Cat A is £30 and Cat B is £28. So maybe we just had to reduce by £2, and we both agree to £25.

Maybe we should have 2 categories, and reserve Cat A for Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    So, are you saying if we lowered price to £26 instead of £27 we charged them, then they would have charged us £26?
    Yes I believe that is the case and that’s what other teams have done , Cardiff City being one example. Obviously this tactic has to be made clear to Leeds beforehand.
    Just to make it worse there are designated Cat A matches at Elland Road at an adult ( yes Brin apologies) price of £47. We are designated as Cat B

To make it even more unpalatable these prices are because the away fans are housed in their west stand . That’s the one with the really poor view with stanchions to obscure the view.
    Home fans pay a lot less in their north, south and east stands which all appear to be £32-34 ish so it really is cooking the books by lufc

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    That is what his post suggests but, with respect, I think he's got it wrong and is overcomplicating it. It appears to me we charged them a reasonable price and messed up by not making it reciprocal. Very poor show if that's the case
    Not sure where you think I’ve got it wrong? I don’t work in Lufc,s ticket office so I might have

It’s Leeds who are over complicating it. We’ve already hosted Leeds so they know exactly what we charged as they sold the tickets to their fans.
    If we charged them say £25 earlier in the season then if they were being reasonable they would now charge our fans the same.
    They know that but are just trying it on. It’s Leeds who should make it reciprocal and we don’t need to as the event has already happened
    Last edited by flourbasher; 09-01-2024 at 07:56 PM.

Fairly straightforward, Leeds bully clubs into reducing ticket prices for their fans travelling to other clubs, on the proviso that they won't rip your fans off when you play at Elland Road.

So our club would need to take a financial hit, in order for them to not rip our fans off at a game where we will make next to nothing from the tickets anyway.

Who sets their ticket prices? Paula Vennells?

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Not sure where you think I’ve got it wrong? I don’t work in Lufc,s ticket office so I might have

It’s Leeds who are over complicating it. We’ve already hosted Leeds so they know exactly what we charged as they sold the tickets to their fans.
    If we charged them say £25 earlier in the season then if they were being reasonable they would now charge our fans the same.
    They know that but are just trying it on. It’s Leeds who should make it reciprocal and we don’t need to as the event has already happened
    See my later post

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast