+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Leeds

re: Thoughts on Leeds

Only bit I disagree with is the fact that better keepers make less mistakes at crucial times......I don't believe this weekend s luck, more a skill.

By luck, I just meant, Carson punched towards his own net this season but someone was there to clear it. I've seen Carson fumble at least one cross this season but no one was there to take advantage. On Tuesday, unfortunately Leeds did take advantage of exactly the same kind of error by LG...fine lines.

Fine lines/small margins make the difference....

[quote="AngryRam"]Okay Angry, I'll bite...who are the 'happy clappy police'?
    No one has suggested that players are above criticism and I respect your views even though we differ sometimes, e.g. over Keogh.
    What I don't like is people waiting to 'pounce' on individuals the moment they screw up. Last night for instance, the Grant error happened on 42 mins and within seconds - literally, you can check it - there were damning comments about Grant and a reference to Grant and Shotton being 'Abbott and Costello'. Not even sure Shotton had even touched the ball by then but he was damned before he'd started.
    I understand Grant is probably not as good as Carson and that Shotton isn't a patch on Shackell...that's why they're subs and, big surprise, subs a

Quote Originally Posted by RamBamFan
    I'm not waiting for players to make mistakes. I'm waiting for Weimann to actually do something. Still waiting...
    I too expected more of Weiman this season, but your quote is ridiculous. As I have said all players make some contribution to our season.

Was you watching when Weimann stopped Carson punching the ball into his own net and probably allow us to win a game we didn't deserve. Perhaps you missed his goal contribution in November which contributed to him making the shortlist for championship player of the month.

It's like saying you have never made any good posts on this site, which is also ridiculous. [/quote]

The fact you're having to go back to November pretty much sums it up.

And I'm too tired to figure out if you're complimenting me or not at the end of that post so thanks I think?[/quote]

Sums up why your comment that

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale
    I'm not waiting for players to make mistakes. I'm waiting for Weimann to actually do something. Still waiting...
    I too expected more of Weiman this season, but your quote is ridiculous. As I have said all players make some contribution to our season.

Was you watching when Weimann stopped Carson punching the ball into his own net and probably allow us to win a game we didn't deserve. Perhaps you missed his goal contribution in November which contributed to him making the shortlist for championship player of the month.

It's like saying you have never made any good posts on this site, which is also ridiculous. [/quote]

And I'm too tired to figure out if you're complimenting me or not at the end of that post so thanks I think?[

Why such a negative slant to end the year RamBam? Despite being played out of position, which we were warned about, he's clearly made a bigger contribution than Bent, Baird or Pearce - possibly because he's been given more opportunity - but who knows who'll shine through in 2016? Let's face it, five months ago no one would have put a bet on Carson, Warnock, Christie and Keogh all being in such favour.

Anyway HNY RBF.

Quote Originally Posted by AnagRam
    Why such a negative slant RamBam? Despite being played out of position, which we were warned about, he's clearly made a bigger contribution than Bent, Baird or Pearce - possibly because he's been given more opportunity - but who knows who'll shine through in 2016? Let's face it, five months ago no one would have put a bet on Carson, Warnock, Christie and Keogh all being in such favour.
    I'm negative because he's been a huge disappointment for me and so far a waste of money. If we knew were going to have to play him out of position then we shouldn't have bought him! Simple as that! I'd say it's debatable whether he's contributed more than Bent, but the theme with all of those are that they were free and otherwise signed to provide cover. Don't get me wrong, I want Weimann to do well! It would be brilliant if he turned around a poor 2015 and scored goals, got involved with games and could turn games on their head. I'm a Derby suppor

I've never liked them since revies days hope that sums my feelings up.

Quote Originally Posted by RamBamFan

And I'm too tired to figure out if you're complimenting me or not

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)