+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Jim Goodwin

I refuse to buy into the Mark Ogren naivety theory. The man made his millions somehow and it can't just be luck. He chose to trust TA and that was utter stupidity on his part. That stupidity has now got our club in deep $hit. MO is as culpable for the state our club is in and I choose not to feel any sympathy for the man. Here's hoping we do find a buyer who understands football and all that goes with it. Ogren should have stuck to "soccer ball" in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Even when we play well though, we lose, that is no coincidence, it's because we can't keep the opposition out, we don't have the players that can scrap and battle in the middle of the park, the worst goalkeeper in the league by far, and we have no goalscorers in the side, so we're never going to beat anyone 4-3 or win 1-0. Defeats by Killie, Mwell and Aberdeen at home say it all, given how poor these sides have been at the time or how poor their away records have been. Maybe if we can get a result, we can get some confidence, but I just can't see us win enough matches when you see the problems in the team which I really do think is magnified tenfold by our bad keeper. A lot of the poor teams around us aren't any better, but they don't have a marshmallow in goal.
    It's hard to argue with any of that.
    But I'm holding on to a hope that Goodwin can galvanise a harder attitude and better organisation which might change our fortunes. I'm not saying it will happen just saying it could happen. It's not like we're cut adrift yet.
    Aye it's the hope that kills!

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    It's hard to argue with any of that.
    But I'm holding on to a hope that Goodwin can galvanise a harder attitude and better organisation which might change our fortunes. I'm not saying it will happen just saying it could happen. It's not like we're cut adrift yet.
    Aye it's the hope that kills!
    Fingers crossed that JG can can get something out the squad, but i am minded to say the damage is done and its too late. The 2 ahead of us are there by virtue of their last wins against us and i cannot see where we are getting the points to keep in touch before the split, never mind to get our nose in front.

Who would be an Arab!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Fingers crossed that JG can can get something out the squad, but i am minded to say the damage is done and its too late. The 2 ahead of us are there by virtue of their last wins against us and i cannot see where we are getting the points to keep in touch before the split, never mind to get our nose in front.

Who would be an Arab!
    3 points behind and with a dodgy keeper I agree the odds are against us but it's still doable.

Looking at the bigger picture here.
    I don't know if Goodwin is a decent bloke or not so I can only comment on what happens on the pitch with our players and our results.

If he keeps us up he'll have earned the right to manage us next season.
    If we go down we'll need to see if he stays or goes.
    Whoever is the coach we're going to see a clear out of several players. So far so good.

What needs to change whatever division we're in is our recruitment. We need a coach who knows the game, knows a player and knows how to blend them into a team. Then we need to stop signing players because they've got International caps and start scouring Scotland England and Ireland for hungry young players that work well together as a cohesive team.

So the big questions for next season is who will be our coach but more importantly who is going to be in charge of recruitment because the current team have failed us very badly. Whether that can change with the removal of Asghar I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Looking at the bigger picture here.
    I don't know if Goodwin is a decent bloke or not so I can only comment on what happens on the pitch with our players and our results.

If he keeps us up he'll have earned the right to manage us next season.
    If we go down we'll need to see if he stays or goes.
    Whoever is the coach we're going to see a clear out of several players. So far so good.

What needs to change whatever division we're in is our recruitment. We need a coach who knows the game, knows a player and knows how to blend them into a team. Then we need to stop signing players because they've got International caps and start scouring Scotland England and Ireland for hungry young players that work well together as a cohesive team.

So the big questions for next season is who will be our coach but more importantly who is going to be in charge of recruitment because the current team have failed us very badly. Whether that can change with the removal of Asghar I don't know.
    Add to that the removal of Asghar’s yes men. His stink is still lingering while they hang around.

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    Add to that the removal of Asghar’s yes men. His stink is still lingering while they hang around.
    Yep. I'm talking about being at Maryhill on a Friday night, staying local overnight then to Cappielow for 3pm Saturday, and over to Dublin for a midweek match. No iPads just old fashioned scouting. Do the diligence and stats after seeing the player 5 or 6 times, not from the usual Sports agent video vaults.
    Back to basics United.

No iPads? I assume you mean ignore the data collected every match and training session? That's a great idea, completely ignore one of the biggest tools we have for assessing players that every team uses now? Even my daughter wears a StatSport tracker so she can analyse her physical performance to understand how she can be better.

Football has moved on and I really don't understand why folk have such a hard time accepting things are very different now.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    No iPads? I assume you mean ignore the data collected every match and training session? That's a great idea, completely ignore one of the biggest tools we have for assessing players that every team uses now? Even my daughter wears a StatSport tracker so she can analyse her physical performance to understand how she can be better.

Football has moved on and I really don't understand why folk have such a hard time accepting things are very different now.
    Technology has got better but the standard of player has worsened so is it really working? Maybe better suited to Man City or Bayern Munich but it's a load of old 5hite in our level of football.

Ill bet Mark Birighitti wears a StatSport tracker or similar......How's he getting on🫣

Sweat,mud and grass stains on a tangerine jersey used to be the indicator of physical performance and we as fans would rather witness that than what some bloody ipad tells us.

I had heard that revolution sport was only using 2 agents to sign players. I'm telling ya...I have never met an agent or ex-agent that isn't all about lining their own pockets!

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)