Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
When I seen team on Saturday I knew we were f*cked, I'd have played Meekings and the Spaniard, all the nonsense about young lads having done well, that doesn't get you results at places like ibrox, McCann should have thanked them for last few weeks, explained their time would come again and played experienced defenders, loyalty won't keep him his job, or get us of the bottom
I didn't understand the original selection either. as for getting quotes from the players it doesn't work in a PR sense or in a team building sense, IMO. Would much rather have a more detailed report about the injury list, even keeping names in the frame will help those players who are working their way back to full fitness, and I'd far rather read stories about the players attending hospital to boost a supporter who is ill, or attend schools where football is actually being played etc. Presenting themselves as part of the local community, and showing themselves as responsible adults will do far more to boost the reputation of the Dee's than spouting the same routine phrases every week.

The club needs a proper professional PR function rather than the same old quotes from the players format. The press is tired of it the players are tired of it and I'm pretty sure the supporters are tired of it.