Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
Believe me MM nobody wants Warney to do well more than I do. I've met him several times because his son plays for the same academy team as my grandson. As I said he's a great bloke and loves talking about all things Millers.
However, I just don't think he's got what it takes to be a successful manager and I don't just mean because of the poor results the team is getting.
As you say our squad is simply not good enough and even Merlin the magician would struggle to get good results out of that lot.
I would suggest that wholesale changes are needed in a number of areas at our club and I think we need a professional with the right experience to address them.
Paul Warne is doing his best in impossible circumstances but he's not the man for the job in the long term.......in my opinion.
I do respect your opinion mellow, and accept it fully, my point is this though, we've been down the road of appointing 'names' as manager and they've all fell short except one, Warnock, who lets face it had nothing to lose and gambled on his style of play working in the short term, and they did, i'm sick of us employing people who don't give a ****e.
My view is this, take a look at what Heckingbottom is doing at Barnsley, i think Warne could do similar, he gives a ****e, and it matters deeply to him.