+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 60mph motorway speed limit

60mph motorway speed limit

The government is proposing to set up a 60mph speed limit for a 32-mile stretch of the M1, in an effort to cut air pollution.

It would be in place from junction 28, near Matlock, Derbyshire, to junction 35a, north of Rotherham. - view external link

re: 60mph motorway speed limit

madness we want 80mph limits not 60

You can rarely go above 60 there anyway. Stupid idea but won't change owt excpet more money in speeding fines.

Start by banning idiots like these every car off the road = less pollution.

As for this it would be in force 7am while 7pm, as Heman says you can hardly go above 60. - view external link

According to the computer thingummybob in my car it does a better fuel consunption at 70mph than it does at 60.

So how can I contribute to this mythical pollution saving?

Smells like invention of a problem to keep the think tank politicos in business.

To be honest, I would like to be able to go fast and get places quicker normally. However, living in Derby means I have had to go through the major roadwotks between around j29 and j33 lots lately. There is a 50 limit all through there. I have found that there has been fewer bottlenecks/slower traffic through this area at peak times than normal. Also my mpg is WAY better. Think it's worth a trial as could improve peoples commute on workdays.

Quote Originally Posted by potatoes1977
    The government is proposing to set up a 60mph speed limit for a 32-mile stretch of the M1, in an effort to cut air pollution.

It would be in place from junction 28, near Matlock, Derbyshire, to junction 35a, north of Rotherham.

Supposed its different to the 2 mph limit you had when you were delivering post..!...And more importantly my giro..

Anyone take notice anyway?

If its clear ill do 85 mph ...feck em

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm
    Anyone take notice anyway?

If its clear ill do 85 mph ...feck em
    If south yorkshire police want gm gm address just let me know :/ :/ :/ :/ :/

Quote Originally Posted by jolly_roger
    According to the computer thingummybob in my car it does a better fuel consunption at 70mph than it does at 60.

So how can I contribute to this mythical pollution saving?

Smells like invention of a problem to keep the think tank politicos in business.
    Jolly roger you're a pirate don't you travel by boat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast