+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Putting the knife into Mac (spineless Steve?)

Putting the knife into Mac (spineless Steve?)

Last season’s starting XI v Blackburn:

1 Lee Grant
    3 Craig Forsyth
    4 Craig Bryson
    6 Richard Keogh
    8 Jeff Hendrick
    9 Chris Martin
    10 Jamie Ward
    11 Johnny Russell
    17 Kieron Freeman
    19 Will Hughes
    25 Jake Buxton

18 months on and, with the exception of Kieron Freeman, this is still arguably DCFC’s best line up.

I say it is time for our recruitment department to step up to the plate and deliver a KEY player. Good lord that Evans fellow can talk a good game; now it’s time to deliver the goods.

Can they recruit a player to bolster the spine of the team?

re: Putting the knife into Mac (spineless Steve?)

Yep, it's Clough's signings that are letting us down.

Yes, you're right –*but the men at the helm now have to fix it!

I'm quitely confident. I'm fairly sure that Mo Camara is going to pull out a gem of a prospect any minute now.

It's ok folks, relax, Steve McClaren's nipper is booting up Football Manager 2015 over Christmas.

I presume, Christie, Thorne, Mascarell, Ibe, Shotton, Butland, calero, Best and Whitbread haven't figured at all then? mm my eyes must be deceiving me, and as for being 5th in the table that must be an illusion as well...lets panic, were doomed! I tell you doomed!!

Quote Originally Posted by wristslasher_909
    Last season’s starting XI v Blackburn:

1 Lee Grant
    3 Craig Forsyth
    4 Craig Bryson
    6 Richard Keogh
    8 Jeff Hendrick
    9 Chris Martin
    10 Jamie Ward
    11 Johnny Russell
    17 Kieron Freeman
    19 Will Hughes
    25 Jake Buxton

18 months on and, with the exception of Kieron Freeman, this is still arguably DCFC’s best line up.

I say it is time for our recruitment department to step up to the plate and deliver a KEY player. Good lord that Evans fellow can talk a good game; now it’s time to deliver the goods.

Can they recruit a player to bolster the spine of the team?
    Whilst I actually agree with you, the goal for the Summer for the 1st team was to re-sign all the Clough signings. In that way you could say they are Steve signings too.

Evans was given the task of sorting out the U21s for the Cat 1 league. Looks to me like he has done a good job there with the likes of Calero, Bunjuku and co. doing the business.

Your point about the spine

Swale, I will give you Christie and Thorne, although it remains to be seen if the lad will return as the same player (2 major knee injuries). The other players you mention are patch up jobs.

It is a crucial window - the momentum has gone from this group and I believe a couple of good additions should freshen things up and allow us to cement a top six place. If the current form continues the top six finish will start to slip away.

I've got to say I'm not that keen on what's happening with the U21s. Filling the second tier team with foreign imports instead of promoting from the academy seems pointless to me. None of those players will play for the first team I can guarantee you that. Just a load of pointless transactions lining the pockets of agents, friends and hangers on.

Quote Originally Posted by wristslasher_909
    I've got to say I'm not that keen on what's happening with the U21s. Filling the second tier team with foreign imports instead of promoting from the academy seems pointless to me. None of those players will play for the first team I can guarantee you that. Just a load of pointless transactions lining the pockets of agents, friends and hangers on.

Not asure on what you base that, theres some sueful players in there and it hasn't been filled with foreign imports, the good base of youngsters has been added to with soem promising young players of which Calreo is just one.

So Freeman and Jokhai or whatever his was were better plus a few other s that vanished without trace!

Sure not all young players will rech their potential, but i have faith that more will come through.

Probably me being cynical but they all seemed to have the same agent. I reckon we bought a job lot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)