+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Should have done your homework Bara

Should have done your homework Bara

So there was no need to look at the video of the last Accies game well f.k.n DeJaVu Ian . If you had looked you would seen just like today they over ran us in the middle of the park but you decided not to ,more fool you .Dont expect miracles right away but FFS I expect us to play with some pride ditch the f.k.n lot of them And get your act together

re: Should have done your homework Bara

Can't slag off the manager yet - he's just getting a chance to evaluate the players. He should be seeing though that there are very few players in that team that he should be keeping. He should find it very easy to clear out - the players are making it very easy for him. The defence, midfield and attack are awful - so he has a chance to build and put his stamp on a team from now onwards. The players don't give a toss about the club - get shot of them at the first possible opportunity!!!!!

I am not sure what you expect from the manager after only two games. He has to work with what he has got ( At the moment) Until he has had a chance to put his own mark on the team, I think we have to be patient, however difficult that might be. The real test will be if he can keep us up or not.

Players need a long hard look at themselves. It looked less than half hearted.

Cant be bothered writing out a big speil and not a good idea to do it now anyway but some of the attempts at "clearances" by defenders and midfielders were pathetic and looked bereft of desire as did the 'ball watching' , waiting instead of putting themselves in there. The standing off and letting the opposition play and create shooting opportunities around and in the box is beyond tiresome now

The finger pointing , blame game and passing the buck in defence is a joke , put as much fight into trying to win as you do trying to put the blame onto a team mate. Try giving the impression that you dont want that ball anywhere near our goal rather than the impression that you couldnt care less

When we get a chance like Erwin did and youre down 2-0 and the keeper was begging to be chipped then you chip him.

F'ing soaked and scunnered. If i read a word from Lasley about them knowing they let us down but promisi

Bang On ESM..

This result was somewhat predicable very early in the season the indicators were there that the ship was rudderless. Perhaps in hindsight we were mesmerized initially by the result on the final game of the season at Aberdeen and the vast majority of our team from last season is playing week in week out. The glaring difference is there is no midfield to speak of and the opposition can take time around our 18 yard box to set up chances.
    Accies position in the league versus our truly reflects the gulf in class and more overly guile. Lesley tries hard but has no supporting cast apart from Ojamma and at times Ainsworth the forwards don't exist Sutton reminds me of Higdon's first season with us long aimless punt up the middle towards him and no support. The next season we had Ojamma and Humphrey with speed and Ojamma with guile to support the forwards last season we were more than a little fortunate but did not heed the warning signs.
    While the team is slow, painfully obvious is lack of g

Think the club should invite some of the fans to do a teamtalk to the players or to let us speak to them after training to let them see how much emotion and drive and desire we have for our club compared to some of these so called players.I always thought football was a team game.
    Together
    Everyone
    Achieves
    More

You can wrap she-ite up in Egyptian cotton but at the end of the day it's still she-ite.

Received a text tonight after the game. It simply read, "McCall's Legacy".

How very true.

I've just watched the game on alba and I honestly can't remember the last time I've watched a motherwell performance and felt so dejected.

That being said, I can't see how the manager deserves criticism. He has inherited this mess.

It was his first defeat and it was inevitable we were going to be on the receiving end of a cuffing, but to lose in such a fashion, if I were Baraclough I would be seriously 5hitting myself!

It was like watching a Sunday league mismatch. Every goal conceded was a result of motherwell error, poor decision making and the abject inability to do the basics.

Granted, living in the south means I don't get to many games now, but I haven't watched a motherwell performance (perhaps since McLiesh or Malpas days) where there has been such absence of desire. Utterly shameful!

So, a team that lack basic skill, devoid of team cohesion and unprofessionally lacking in commitment. That is not Ian Baracloughs fault...it's something far deeper than that!!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)