+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Support

Support

Its a massive game tomorrow for both teams and the difference cold be the 12th man -the fans. I am always surprised at how many people dont both singing to spur the lads on at any game but especially derby matches. At the game at Gresty Road the main stand thought "clapping their hands" was a great way to motivate the team. It is football not a play in the theatre so lets make some noise!

Also can we get creative on some new songs I think nearly every player must have had the same tune sang to them over the years...lets come up with some ideas, get the younger fans involved to get them started and co ordinate it etc and create a good atmosphere.

I will kick us off with a new song idea...Man City used to sing it but don't any more and its to the tune of Agadoo and a good laugh!

"IKPEAZU UHUH, BEN GARRETT, HARRY DAVIS TOO, IKPEAZU UHUH , BEN GARRETT HARRY DAVIS TOO.
    TO THE LEFT TO THE RIGHT ANTONY GRANT IS DYNAMITE, COME & DANCE IF YOU CAN NICKY AJOSE IS THE MAN, WE HAVE JON GUTHRIE &

re: Support

[quote="RAGAZZI" was a great way to motivate the team. It is football not a play in the theatre so lets make some noise!

Also can we get creative on some new songs I think nearly every player must have had the same tune sang to them over the years...lets come up with some ideas, get the younger fans involved to get them started and co ordinate it etc and create a good atmosphere.

I will kick us off with a new song idea...Man City used to sing it but don't any more and its to the tune of Agadoo and a good laugh!

"IKPEAZU UHUH, BEN GARRETT, HARRY DAVIS TOO, IKPEAZU UHUH , BEN GARRETT HARRY DAVIS TOO.
    TO THE LEFT TO THE RIGHT ANTONY GRANT IS DYNAMITE, COME & DANCE IF YOU CAN

There is no intention to insult anyone Mick I've been following crewe for 20 odd years myself I am just stating the atmosphere at Gresty Road is poor, you hear better support on the Georges than at some home games. It can make a hell of a difference to the team. A few seasons back some one mentioned turning the GRE into an area full of atmosphere but was shot down.

Quote Originally Posted by RAGAZZI
    There is no intention to insult anyone Mick I've been following crewe for 20 odd years myself I am just stating the atmosphere at Gresty Road is poor, you hear better support on the Georges than at some home games. It can make a hell of a difference to the team. A few seasons back some one mentioned turning the GRE into an area full of atmosphere but was shot down.
    Point taken, Ragazzi.

Not sure if anyone I'd watch the Cambridge v Man U game but I think the crowd have been brilliant and played a massive part for them. I personally think the Vale are due to beat us and tomorrow they will just have a bit more than us but let's get behind the lads from the first minute until the very last as it can make a hell of a difference. enjoy the game.

Massive support for the Alex at Vale Park today...almost 1,400 loyal and dedicated fans. Eat your words Smurf. What did you say? We never bring many fans!

Mind you, he must be rubbing his hands after over 8,000 turned up. Decent pay day for them. I am sure Smurf won't be too disappointed with the result.

I couldn't agree more Mick. The atmosphere was great from start to finish and I think it spurred the lads on for those 15 mins at the end when vale threw everything they had at us. I thought every player was class but Ray, Tate,Davis & Garrett were immense. let's hope the same support continues.