+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Frustrated with Grant

Frustrated with Grant

Earlier in the season I was saying I though Grantie was best keeper in this division. Over the past month have to change that assessment!

Every keeper will make a mistake, so not judging on one error

But of late, he has made terrible mistakes. I thought he was at fault on both of Fridays goals with a ridiculous 2nd! Rotherham away. Sheff Weds home...

He is fast becoming the new Keogh!

Honestly would say give Roos a run. Grant needs to know that basic mistakes cannot be accepted at this end of season run in

re: Frustrated with Grant

As I said before on a previous post
    What is Eric Steele learning him ?

Quote Originally Posted by lewyman633
    As I said before on a previous post
    What is Eric Steele learning him ?
    teaching him! teaching!

sorry for that outburst, a pet hate. I just had to inch that scratch :-O

regular posters may remember me calling out grant some time ago.

my assessment is that grant is very much a confidence player. I know strikers are renowned for it but I believe grant is too.

clearly he's a very capable goal keeper. when he's confident, he's very commanding.

going back to when I called him out, the lack of communication between him and his defenders was shocking. he just seem to have sorted that out and that's must have been what eric steele was learning him ;-)

but ever since he came back from injury and that can't be coincidence, he's costing us goals again like he was in the early days of re-joining us.

he gets beat at his near post far too often and now the downright ridiculous errors are creeping in. Rotherham was pretty bad too.

I c

Quote Originally Posted by su4eranio
    Earlier in the season I was saying I though Grantie was best keeper in this division. Over the past month have to change that assessment!

Every keeper will make a mistake, so not judging on one error

But of late, he has made terrible mistakes. I thought he was at fault on both of Fridays goals with a ridiculous 2nd! Rotherham away. Sheff Weds home...

He is fast becoming the new Keogh!

Honestly would say give Roos a run. Grant needs to know that basic mistakes cannot be accepted at this end of season run in
    Trouble is, too many players have decided to wobble at this crucial time. I Guess McClaren is loath to make four of five changes every other game at this stage of the season.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)