+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jonson Clarke-Harris

Jonson Clarke-Harris

What Millers boss Steve Evans wants to see from the young striker next season. - view external link

re: Jonson Clarke-Harris

I would like him to

1. Lose half a stone in weight
    2. Put a shift in when he's picked to play

I like both JCH and Bowery I think they are exciting players and have potential, but the comments by Evans are very clearly a warning to both of them, if you continue the way you are going and don't take onboard the advice from the management team and experienced pros you are out.

So being that Evans does do things like that after the season starts and being we are still 7 players away from the squad he wanted by 1st July, we could have a real issue and another season with not enough fire power up front. If we really want to be midtable we need a regular goal scorer to compliment what we have, just an opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller
    I like both JCH and Bowery I think they are exciting players and have potential, but the comments by Evans are very clearly a warning to both of them, if you continue the way you are going and don't take onboard the advice from the management team and experienced pros you are out.

So being that Evans does do things like that after the season starts and being we are still 7 players away from the squad he wanted by 1st July, we could have a real issue and another season with not enough fire power up front. If we really want to be midtable we need a regular goal scorer to compliment what we have, just an opinion

And a very good one pal!

The only thing I worry about when I see these stories "biging" up these players we already have, and we saw one about Mr Broadfoot a few days ago, is that the scene is being set for failure in the transfer market - "it doesn't matter that we've not signed many good uns' we're happy with what we've got."

Oooh my glass is half empty today...

UTM

[quote="Whippet"

Oooh my glass is half empty today...

UTM[/quote]

Could be, or it could be that, with Evans not around and not much else happening, the Star is using some lengthy interviews done a couple of weeks ago as the basis for a stream of daily stories. If you read the quotes about JCH, they seem to fit in - in terms of context - with the ones about Bowery in an earlier article. So, I'm willing to bet that they're both from one interview (it would make sense to discuss both players together), which had enough material in it for two (or three - the Broadfoot story could be the same) articles. Same with the lines from TS yesterday. It seems unlikely

I truly believe we sat on a goldmine with Harris.
    When he comes good its going to be very very good!!! you can see it and you waiting for it just not quite there yet.
    Think this kid going to be a wanted man in time to come!
    If its this coming season it happens we in for a real treat.

Bowery i think also has it in him too but think itll be a longer wait, hope im wrong and the pair are the envy of the championship.
    How many times do you lok at other teams and wished you had their strike force? this just might be our season!

U T M

He will probably be exhausted for the start of the season given that he already makes up nearly a third of the touring Australian team.