+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Bowery encapsulated

Jordan Bowery encapsulated

Jordan Bowery's miss and four other things we learned from the game last night. - view external link

re: Jordan Bowery encapsulated

Good read JV.....thanks for that

Ive seen the Bowery chance from last night and it's fair to say he's nowhere near championship quality and more like league 2 or non league, he never looked in control of the ball and ending up running away from goal, his head was down and didn't see the obvious square pass to Green, his body shape was all wrong for him to execute the finish and in the end it was a woeful attempt, he should have taken his man and cut inside on his left foot a shoot, poor decision making. I can't believe we paid nearly 300k for this guy.

Bowery encapsulated?

More like emasculated, following him being sidelined by Evans for such a long period.

Bowery is a big lad, he ought to be scaring sh*t out of the opposing centre halves, but he can't judge a high ball, to head it, simply saying that our best header of a ball, went to Cardiff City, the Mr Revell.

If Bowery is a championship striker I'm the pope .
    What a waste of money he has turned out to be , I personally hope to never see him in a Millers shirt ever again .
    This is not knee jerk he has had 18 months to prove himself and has failed miserably every time get rid Asap .

There was a lot of defence of Bowery when he played wide left against Preston and was subsequently dropped. I thought the fans were being very good to him. He might not be a left winger but he's not anything, is he? He doesn't compete with any aggression and he doesn't often use his pace for any great gain (compare with the fear JCH instils in opposition defenders). He doesn't win headers or make it look like he's bothered about doing so. He doesn't receive the ball well on the chest. His touch isn't good enough to receive it into feet and turn a defender. His best position is on the bench, coming on and sprinkling some life into the odd insipid display, which for a player we signed for over 250k isn't good enough.

It's all good and well saying he needs coaching but you can't coach desire. You can teach a player how to make runs all week but when he gets a kick and then plays like Jigglypuff it won't do any good.

The only thing in Bowery's defence is he's scored some useful goal

Well said that Mandy

He's looked awful in the reserve games so I don't know how he gets in the team, lack of other options probably.

But he's not played in the latest reserve games, Redfearn uses the reserves to "blood" the young lads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast