+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Lambert's "straight-talking"

Paul Lambert's "straight-talking"

He has the reputation mentioned in the thread-title, and he has certainly been quick to criticise the players, the fitness-regime, the pitch, etc. In that case, why is he being so coy about the reasons for his departure?
    It's been a matter of hints and vague allegations, when what all fans are in desperate need of is facts.
    This is attributed to him today in a LET article:
    “I’d love to stay but my mind is made up and I have to go. If I had my own way, would I go? Then, no, I wouldn’t.”
    What does that mean? Has he been sacked? Apparently not, but where is the detail, explaining his decision to walk?
    Another quote from the article:
    "It’s a brilliant club but it just needs a bit of help."
    Well, yes, we all know that, but where are the specifics? Where is the statement: "I asked for 'x' amount of cash and they refused to give it to me."?
    One of the things that has pissed us off most about Venky's over the years is that we - the supporters - have been kept in the dark.
    Now, Lambert

re: Paul Lambert's "straight-talking"

It will be part of his contract that he cannot disclose certain issues regarding the club, otherwise he could be in breach of contract and get phuck all i presume..

re: Paul Lambert's

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoorspirit
    It will be part of his contract that he cannot disclose certain issues regarding the club, otherwise he could be in breach of contract and get phuck all i presume..
    Well, if you're right, let's hope we hear the truth once he's had the pay-off. Mind you, as Despair is always saying, a clear, detailed statement of intent from our owners would be even better!

I doubt it would be in Lamberts interests to slag off the people who have swelled his bank account..
    A statement of intent is way over due.i would not hold your breath..

Aucks, I am not getting too hung up on this to be honest.
    I was surprised when he joined us. Yes I don't deny that despite his Norwich history, he was a bit of a gamble (but that was Villa!). I am non too surprised now that he's throwing the towel in.
    His record for us is, to say the least, not really the best!
    BUT, as is always said, it takes quite a while to turn a team around. Yes, Warnock has done so with Roth very quickly, but that's to safety, not to the top six berths.
    Things being said, and not said, in the comments / quotes is absolutely nothing new. For Christs sakes we ourselves have had to endure this now for 5.5 yrs.
    Sorry to bang on, but its Venkys. They are the common, constant theme.
    To be honest, for folk to praise them for sticking around, sort of sticks in my throat a bit. Its a bit like praising the efforts of some individual for scrubbing off graffiti from a public wall, but only after he himself put it there.
    I came across a 'claim/rumour' just recently wh

I think you're letting Lambert off a bit lightly there, Despair.
    I totally agree that Venky's are the root-cause of all our problems, but I would like to hear something concrete from PL - not just vague hints and allegations. I'm happy if he's simply waiting until after the final game, or I suppose that TMS might be right about a contract-clause. However, the things PL has said so far have just served to obscure the truth even more.
    The LET has remained pathetically unwilling or unable to mount a proper investigation, so what we have been left with is guesswork - and that has, of course, eventually led to conspiracy-stories, such as the birthday-present tale you mention.
    One constant in Paul Lambert's statements has been his unreserved praise for the supporters. Fine - well, let those supporters know the truth, then!

I think you are saying I should be pillorying him, but without me knowing facts I'm sorry but that's just not my style. I only voice opinion basically upon how it comes across to me.
    Based upon my 'opinion' of Venkys, I have to ask myself if I would behave all that differently towards Venkys.
    My opinion is not 'judge and jury' it is simply - opinion. Yours is that there is something unsavoury in all of this, and you may well be right. But am I going to concern over it ie whether there's anything in it? Not in the least.
    My focus is on the next declaration by Venkys and following that the new incumbent into the managers position.
    In the overall scheme of things, we are not in all that different a place than we where at the start or the mid of the season. I am talking club situation wise.
    The only real further harm so far is the supports disappointment towards Venkys yet again, this in reflection of the ones who see them as the prime core problem. Some will cease to continue without

No - I think you've got my take on it wrong there, Despair. I'm not suggesting Lambert has done anything "unsavoury". I just want him to tell us EXPLICITLY what has made him walk. If the Celtic job comes up, good luck to him: after what he did with that club as a player, he deserves the chance.
    I hold no personal animosity towards him. I just think he was over-hyped on arrival.
    My grievance is with the fact that he has never clearly said what is wrong. We all know about the void where our owners should be. What I want to know is: 1) What did he ask them? 2) What was their answer?
    But the stuff below just makes things foggier, not clearer:
    "If I had my own way, would I go? Then, no, I wouldn’t.”
    And:
    "It’s a brilliant club but it just needs a bit of help."
    Etc.
    Why the hell doesn't he just tell us the facts? What is the point of half-baked hints?

He's not going to slag off any aspect of the club from owners, to board members to fans, as that would potentially impact on his chances of future employment, being deemed a troublemaker.

One, mike Newell.

It's part of a wider problem. Ordinary people are continuously treated as if they don't matter. Feed them a few soap-operas, news-items about Royal babies, and the odd "celebrity" scandal, and they won't ask awkward questions about who is really running the world.
    Who are the fans of Blackburn Rovers to be asking questions about their club? They don't own the shares.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)