shopify analytics
+ Visit Aberdeen FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 92 of 104 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2068

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

  1. #1821
    Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    You're not watching then? The speakers in favour have been excellent. Those against to a man have been appalling, and I speak as someone whose been to both their NIMBY meetings and was worried at how well prepared they were. Today they imploded.
    It doesn't really matter how well they have come across if they are not addressing the concerns properly. You cant have 2 sets of supporters going to the stadium from town on the same shuttle buses.That and the whole foot bridge thing seems like the club haven't thought these issues out properly.

    By the way Im happy to move to Kingsford, Im just pointing out the reasons I think the Council will end up rejecting it.

  2. #1822
    Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

    It's nae ideal for me, and I have grave reservations, but **** these ****ers and their pish.
    They were a strange bunch, who were clearly talking pish. The problem for me, is that I think they're still not talking as much pish as AFC.

  3. #1823
    Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    It doesn't really matter how well they have come across if they are not addressing the concerns properly. You cant have 2 sets of supporters going to the stadium from town on the same shuttle buses.That and the whole foot bridge thing seems like the club haven't thought these issues out properly.
    .
    The point on "mixed fans" was it happens now and there's no issue, Saturday being a very good case in point as was pointed out.

    The footbridge one is laughable, apparently we're the only place in the world where people won't be able to navigate a footbridge

  4. #1824
    Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    The point on "mixed fans" was it happens now and there's no issue, Saturday being a very good case in point as was pointed out.

    The footbridge one is laughable, apparently we're the only place in the world where people won't be able to navigate a footbridge
    That was car crash stuff. Couldn't believe they were trying it.

  5. #1825
    Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    The point on "mixed fans" was it happens now and there's no issue, Saturday being a very good case in point as was pointed out.

    The footbridge one is laughable, apparently we're the only place in the world where people won't be able to navigate a footbridge
    I think you are missing the point, the councillors are raising these concerns and the response from AFC is for example "shuttle buses will be run from town for fans"

    I cant see the police allowing Aberdeen and Rangers fans on the same bus to begin with so what are they going to do then?

  6. #1826
    This old codger talking about terrorism now is f'ucking hilarious!!

    Quick, check it out before he's finished!

  7. #1827
    Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    The point on "mixed fans" was it happens now and there's no issue, Saturday being a very good case in point as was pointed out.

    The footbridge one is laughable, apparently we're the only place in the world where people won't be able to navigate a footbridge
    My view is that only away fans (and some more than others - you know who I mean) would have difficulty with this, as they struggle to walk and chew chuddy at the same time.

    Those steps at the front of the basilica at Sacre Coeur in Montmarte, and in front of the Taj Mahal look like they could be slippy and steep and a massive danger to grown adult life and limb, nearly as bad as those between Bridge Street and Crown Terrace, or leading to the pedestrian bridge over the A956 dual carriageway on Commerce Street.

    For ****'s sake, is THAT the best you've got?

  8. #1828
    One tiny point of order. The gentleman pointed out, that the Hun minks cross the M8 on a footbridge to the Govan Sh1tyard no problem. They don't.

  9. #1829
    Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I think you are missing the point, the councillors are raising these concerns and the response from AFC is for example "shuttle buses will be run from town for fans"

    I cant see the police allowing Aberdeen and Rangers fans on the same bus to begin with so what are they going to do then?
    I'm not missing any point, the point was clearly made that there's no need for segregation as was seen at the weekend, and as is seen every week down King St.

    For Rangers & Celtic it was also pointed out the police treated them differently and they were kept well apart, but as was also pointed out the number that don't come on supporters buses is very small in any case.

    The point was batted away fantastically. As I say I was very worried about the NKS mob and the case we could put, it turns out with the exception of a slight wobble from Wiggy, the home team have been superb, whereas the NKS & assorted feils have been almost universally terrible.

  10. #1830
    Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    I'm not missing any point, the point was clearly made that there's no need for segregation as was seen at the weekend, and as is seen every week down King St.

    For Rangers & Celtic it was also pointed out the police treated them differently and they were kept well apart, but as was also pointed out the number that don't come on supporters buses is very small in any case.

    The point was batted away fantastically. As I say I was very worried about the NKS mob and the case we could put, it turns out with the exception of a slight wobble from Wiggy, the home team have been superb, whereas the NKS & assorted feils have been almost universally terrible.
    Last time I checked there are a few hundred of the cheeks that get the train and I never see them walking down king street when I'm in the Pittodrie bar,I presume they get segregated by the police but I might be wrong.

    Look I know you are desperate for us to move to Kingsford because it's close to where you live but there are issues,it's not a case of anyone who raises concerns is full of shyte and there is nothing wrong with moving there.

    Like I said I am happy if it gets the go ahead but I heard that some of the council have concerns which they asked today and I don't think they got the answers they were looking for so I wouldn't get too excited yet.Getting McInnes to do the training facilities are embarrassing and wiggy threatening to move European games to Glasgow was a waste of time because the council don't give 2 fecks about that.

  11. #1831
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    20,537
    I still think this will fail

  12. #1832
    Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Look I know you are desperate for us to move to Kingsford because it's close to where you live
    Like the NKS mob, that would be a great point if it could hold water. Sadly I was also one of the main cheerleaders for Loirston, so, ye ken, terrorists and otters aye?

  13. #1833
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I still think this will fail
    I did before today, then these utter weapons got up and spoke and did a ton of harm to their case. I also liked the look of EFB in the background who seemed very confident and smiley throughout. Wifie solicitor planning expert > scaremongering feils who had to come up with real concerns

  14. #1834
    Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    Like the NKS mob, that would be a great point if it could hold water. Sadly I was also one of the main cheerleaders for Loirston, so, ye ken, terrorists and otters aye?
    Why?Did you use to live there?When did you move to Westhill?

    Joking aside I don't think it's ever mattered what that nimbys think or what they said today,I think it was up to AFC to convince the council and I don't think they did,I hope I am proven wrong.

  15. #1835
    It will fail because the club don't have the money to pay for it. Whether they get planning permission or not is irrelevant.

  16. #1836
    Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    I did before today, then these utter weapons got up and spoke and did a ton of harm to their case. I also liked the look of EFB in the background who seemed very confident and smiley throughout. Wifie solicitor planning expert > scaremongering feils who had to come up with real concerns
    I can completely see why nobody gives a f*ck about the nimbys concerns but surely every Aberdeen fan should have their own? There is nothing about this new ground to suggest it'll be anything other than sh1te. There's a huge amount of faith being put into a man who has spectacularly failed to deliver on anything for AFC in 20 years. We also know he's told a few porkies to get to this stage

    I don't see where the confidence is coming from

  17. #1837
    ...the gulf in stature and professionalism of those not connected to the club but in favour and those crazy west hillers surely must carry weight.. No particular order:

    * Chamber of commerce economist talking surveys
    * SFA Guy
    * RGU principal
    * Hotelier talking about increased business
    * SEPA guy
    * the right reverend gentleman talking about LGBT issues and community
    * the guy talking about how the kingswells CC randomly ignored their initial own position that they would remain neutral

    vs

    * Crazy terrorism guy
    * A string of 'I can see green fields from my window' folk from westhill
    * the 'I got knocked off my bike' guy (apparently the path needs to be 4m wide.... surely not insurmountable?)
    * the guy talking about how long it takes to get on a bus
    * the woman who couldn't read her own notes
    * the woman who basically tried to contradict every other expert based on her hunches and opinion.... including banging on about the impact on near pitodrie businesses whilst at the same time advocating loirston as it had planning permission already (internal logic issue)

    Honestly if this was a fight it would have been stopped at the 2pm intermission.....

  18. #1838
    Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Why?Did you use to live there?When did you move to Westhill?

    Joking aside I don't think it's ever mattered what that nimbys think or what they said today,I think it was up to AFC to convince the council and I don't think they did,I hope I am proven wrong.
    I've never lived in Westhill, I worked there 83-85, hated the place, and while I don't 'hate' it now, it's a horrific little town imo, with, as we've seen, settlers who have an amazingly high opinion of themselves.

  19. #1839
    Quote Originally Posted by notinmyname View Post
    ...the gulf in stature and professionalism of those not connected to the club but in favour and those crazy west hillers surely must carry weight.. No particular order:

    * Chamber of commerce economist talking surveys
    * SFA Guy
    * RGU principal
    * Hotelier talking about increased business
    * SEPA guy
    * the right reverend gentleman talking about LGBT issues and community
    * the guy talking about how the kingswells CC randomly ignored their initial own position that they would remain neutral

    vs

    * Crazy terrorism guy
    * A string of 'I can see green fields from my window' folk from westhill
    * the 'I got knocked off my bike' guy (apparently the path needs to be 4m wide.... surely not insurmountable?)
    * the guy talking about how long it takes to get on a bus
    * the woman who couldn't read her own notes
    * the woman who basically tried to contradict every other expert based on her hunches and opinion.... including banging on about the impact on near pitodrie businesses whilst at the same time advocating loirston as it had planning permission already (internal logic issue)

    Honestly if this was a fight it would have been stopped at the 2pm intermission.....
    All of this. There's no doubt which side was more impressive.

    I was coming home from work, but I'm hoping 'couldnt read her notes wifie' was Clare Davidson, it was about her timeslot, and she a ****ing idiot. All over various facebooks pages and leaves as soon as someone questions her, was part of the presentation at the nimby meeting at westhill inn last week, got to the podium, and just stood there while they played a pre-recorded piece she'd made instead of narrating the images in real time. I've never met her, so I'm not saying I dinna like her, but I dinna like her

  20. #1840
    Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    All of this. There's no doubt which side was more impressive.

    I was coming home from work, but I'm hoping 'couldnt read her notes wifie' was Clare Davidson, it was about her timeslot, and she a ****ing idiot. All over various facebooks pages and leaves as soon as someone questions her, was part of the presentation at the nimby meeting at westhill inn last week, got to the podium, and just stood there while they played a pre-recorded piece she'd made instead of narrating the images in real time. I've never met her, so I'm not saying I dinna like her, but I dinna like her
    ...I deliberately didn't put names to descriptions...

Page 92 of 104 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •