+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Artell or Art-Ache

Artell or Art-Ache

When Artell took over he must have seen the Cliff Edge,and said "Lets go for it" Lets do it the Crewe Way,because he has carried on selecting players who can Not Score goals,so he signs a forward "GREAT" and then leaves out the only one who can score goals Lowe? so its cancelled itself out,so the Cliff Edge now looms closer than ever.

i forget of course the Academy is more important than the League Position, Mind Boggling!

I think he was making a point by dropping Lowe to the bench as he had indicated that he wanted the top job as well . he was just putting his mark down and its up to Lowe now as the song goes = does he stay or or does he go

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin View Post
    When Artell took over he must have seen the Cliff Edge,and said "Lets go for it" Lets do it the Crewe Way,because he has carried on selecting players who can Not Score goals,so he signs a forward "GREAT" and then leaves out the only one who can score goals Lowe? so its cancelled itself out,so the Cliff Edge now looms closer than ever.

i forget of course the Academy is more important than the League Position, Mind Boggling!
    Who exactly do you suggest he selects because, from what I can see, whoever plays is never right for you. Easiest thing in the world is to sit behind a keyboard firing off smart arse cracks without any real concept of what is going on. But hey ho, you carry on because whilst you are doing that I guess you are giving others a rest. Or maybe even think of a constructive comment.

tiny tim

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Who exactly do you suggest he selects because, from what I can see, whoever plays is never right for you. Easiest thing in the world is to sit behind a keyboard firing off smart arse cracks without any real concept of what is going on. But hey ho, you carry on because whilst you are doing that I guess you are giving others a rest. Or maybe even think of a constructive comment.
    Are you having a WOBBLE timmy getting near the cliff edge

Do not see the point of dropping Lowe. Seems like Artell trying to prove a point which is unnecessary given the mess we are in. If the bunch of players used yesterday is so lacking in confidence, are there not any players in the squad pestering the manager to play? Artell cannot be expected to turn results around within a couple of games, but he needs to start getting things right next Saturday. It was men against boys here in the cup replay, and we will need to counter the tactics that cut us to pieces. Having played them three times already this season, we are due a win. I just hope it happens as the five point gap between us and the relegation places will soon disappear if we do not find a way to win - however ugly we might have to be.

Unnecessary

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    Do not see the point of dropping Lowe. Seems like Artell trying to prove a point which is unnecessary given the mess we are in. If the bunch of players used yesterday is so lacking in confidence, are there not any players in the squad pestering the manager to play? Artell cannot be expected to turn results around within a couple of games, but he needs to start getting things right next Saturday. It was men against boys here in the cup replay, and we will need to counter the tactics that cut us to pieces. Having played them three times already this season, we are due a win. I just hope it happens as the five point gap between us and the relegation places will soon disappear if we do not find a way to win - however ugly we might have to be.
    You said it Unnessary!! having a dressing room split now is Kamikazzi.

Two points (which is rather more than we have picked up recently!)

First you have been moaning for the past few months that the players selected by SD were not scoring goals and we need someone else and when the new manager brings in a new player and, in his second match in charge, you complain that he drops one of those not scoring - Chris Kamara has a word for that.

Secondly, Lowe is 38 and should have been given a few rests before now and, by all accounts Dagnall linked up pretty well with Bowery against lets not forget, the League leaders. So a good decision by the manager, who needs to sort the defence out first given the recent evidence.

Let's give the fella a chance before crucifying him after 2 tough matches to start with

It’s no good blaming the manager here. SD and DA have not been given the right tools for the job Things haven’t changed
    It’s the board of directors where the blame should be laid by not investing in the clubs.
    They were hoping we would scratch along in division one without allowing SD to bring in the players he wanted.
    Jamie Ness wanted to come back here and said he would accept a smaller wage and no signing on fee. I forget his name but the Everton midfielder was also denied to us by the money.
    SD wanted a big centre-forward and we got Haber as he was the only one who was cheap.

By not investing we have now dropped down a division and also lost a lot of ‘TV’ money.

The board promised by the end of last season a change of shareholder, why hasn’t that happened. We are not told. Why was there no shareholders meeting last year? Will there be one this year?

As you know I backed SD as he was our manager,as I will DA, and brought some good times, including 2 Wembley visits. He also had to cope with the Devon/Cornwall debacle and then lately the allegations over Bennell etc. All this on top of not being allowed to get the players he wanted.
    I am afraid the same will apply to DA as well. The transfer window is nearly closed and we have ‘borrowed’ one, whilst others have brought in 2 or 3.

Our anger should be aimed at the board because if we do go down, then if we do not get out after a year, then you can forget Cat. 2 status anyway. We could drop like a stone like Stockport or even further. Never mind though with HS2 arrival the ground and car park will be ideal development for flats for commuters to Manchester and even London.

Oh It wasin say hi to Mike, he seems to have disappeared!!

Well said about the board and the lack of information we are getting from them . I was never a big fan of SD but you have mentioned the problems the board placed on him and when you see it down in black and white you can clearly see were the blame should lay for the clubs position at the present time. It has been obvious to any fan that the squad from last season was not good enough to get us back up to Div 1 and the board should have seen this and acted . To be fair they have been distracted by off field events but they run the club and should be accountable . If they are not up to the job let someone do it who is and willing to invest money.

I think the board have read this thread if you click the link below. DA defending them, sounds to me like the same hymn sheet SD was singing from.

http://www.crewealex.net/news/articl...s-3534173.aspx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast