shopify analytics
+ Visit Rotherham United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Huddersfield Town a team with a clear identity and a budget similar to Rotherham

Huddersfield Town a team with a clear identity and a budget similar to Rotherham

So we both have a similar budget...and until recently, we did have the same mantra of being happy to just be in the championship. So what changed, was it the appointment of Wagner or the head of recruitment who chose Wagner.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...on-candidates/

12m a year??? WOW!

Thanks fc. A good read that.

Our wage bill is nowhere near 12m so that's a misnomer straight off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    Our wage bill is nowhere near 12m so that's a misnomer straight off the bat.

Isn't 12m their turnover?

A wage bill just under 12 million, about double ours at a guess.

Still, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Tbf Huddersfield have done brilliant as even at 12 million it will be one of the lower budgets in this league.

Good luck to them.

[QUOTE=rileyev.the.third;38437992]A wage bill just under 12 million, about double ours at a guess.

Still, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Tbf Huddersfield have done brilliant as even at 12 million it will be one of the lower budgets in this league.

Good luck to them.
    Agree with that pal,and when you see Huddersfield doing so well,it gives us that little bit of hope that it can happen to us also.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    So we both have a similar budget...and until recently, we did have the same mantra of being happy to just be in the championship. So what changed, was it the appointment of Wagner or the head of recruitment who chose Wagner.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...on-candidates/
    How anyone can actually believe this crap is unreal, our turnover isn't 12 million never mind the wage bill...

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    How anyone can actually believe this crap is unreal, our turnover isn't 12 million never mind the wage bill...
    I didn't read the telegraph report,i just look at Huddersfield and think,maybe one day.

Quote Originally Posted by dmentor View Post
    I didn't read the telegraph report,i just look at Huddersfield and think,maybe one day.
    Yeh, i'm jealous as well to be honest!!

I don't know if there's anything more recent than this but according to the accounts for year ending 31/12/2014:

Rotherham United
    Turnover 11 million
    Wages and salaries 4.8 million
    Pre tax profit 167k

Huddersfield Town
    Turnover 10.8 million
    Wages and salaries 11.8 million
    Pre tax loss 6.8 million

So at that time Huddersfield were paying more in salaries than their total turnover which can't be sustainable without additional finance.
    I wonder if their situation is similar now?

That's the price of success in this league!

Considering that they did cheap season tickets this season I wouldn't have thought it will have improved that much.

And surely it should be pronounced Vagner as in Richard rather than Wagner as in Robert.

Richard not Robert
    Richard not Robert
    Richard not Robert

Sorry.

Huddersfield's owner has big bucks; he sold that Card Factory for around 350m, or so I'm led to believe.

We don't compare to Huddersfield in many ways in my opinion. I still think we are lucky to be in the Championship. The squad that brought us up is better than the squad we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by royalfunkness View Post
    Huddersfield's owner has big bucks; he sold that Card Factory for around 350m, or so I'm led to believe.

We don't compare to Huddersfield in many ways in my opinion. I still think we are lucky to be in the Championship. The squad that brought us up is better than the squad we have now.
    Yes it was miles better.

I for one did not believe TS when he came out with that statement, and purposely left off the '!' to see what others thought.
    According to 2015 wage bills, Huddersfield were closer to Weds,
    https://www.insidermedia.com/insider...bill-tops-500m

How much debt do they have compared to us ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    How much debt do they have compared to us ?
    At the end of 2014 Huddersfield's net debt was 37.4 million whereas ours was "not stated."
    Huddersfield's owner, Dean Hoyle, has loaned 37 million to the club since taking over in April 2008. Rotherham United had a loan of 172k owed to ASD at the end of 2014.
    Significantly, Huddersfield's wage bill of 11.8million at the end of 2014 was 1 million more than their total turnover. Our wage bill was some 7 million less than theirs.
    So although the turnovers of the two clubs may be similar, just about everything else is poles apart.
    Huddersfield seem to be adopting a risky financial strategy in an attempt to get to the promised land but presumably their owner is able to bankroll their situation.
    Our owner consistently takes a frugal approach to finances which means the club is free of debt but simply can not compete in the Championship.
    It's possible that there could be two divisions between the clubs next season but the Telegraph's statement that they are operating with similar budgets is patently untrue.

That's what I was hinting at mellow.

If it works it's worth it but if not well don valley springs to mind.

As soon as you start reading you can tell its rubbish comparing them to us.

As it's been said their wage budget is probably double ours, they spend more on transfers, they have a director of football who held the same position at Liverpool so he will also be on a fortune in wages, they have clubs like Man City approaching them to send players on loan and they average over 20,000 at home.

Other than that yeh, they are just like us.

Suppose it's all down to whether you want to be a winner or an also ran !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast