shopify analytics
+ Visit Derby County FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 121

Thread: Potential signings.

  1. #1

    Potential signings.

    See the DT is suggesting Tammy Abraham, Ulloa, Sako, Che Adams or Cameron Jerome as a possible forward signing.
    Nonsense, a possibility or any better suggestions? From what little I know I think I'd prefer Abraham but I'm not sure forward strengthening is the main priority. Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    1,896
    Wouldn't mind having Cameron Jerome at Derby, he is a constant goalscorer for Norwich, he about bags a goal pretty much every game he plays in, one of the best strikers in the Championship no doubt about it.

    The Midfield & Defence is our top priority in the summer as we need to cut out, us conceding too many set-piece goals which has cost us 3 points on many occasions this season as well as our style of play of crab football and slow movement that often sees our possession turn into a no end product.

    Jota & Canos from Brentford, their creativity and hunger for goals and two of the outstanding duo's in the Championship, over the past 2 season's would be the ideal candidates for Derby to boost our midfield play for next season.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,899
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    See the DT is suggesting Tammy Abraham, Ulloa, Sako, Che Adams or Cameron Jerome as a possible forward signing.
    Nonsense, a possibility or any better suggestions? From what little I know I think I'd prefer Abraham but I'm not sure forward strengthening is the main priority. Thoughts?
    Jerome was at Birmingham with Rowett (or was he sold pre Rowett??) as was Adams so he should know them. Not a fan of Jerome - bit of a journeyman but he does score 1 in every 3 games at this level. At 30 odd hes probably too old to rebuild around.

    Abraham might come out on loan for another year.... so might Demarai Gray (please). These names are all strikers tbough - is that what we need to focus on?

  4. #4
    Now that spooky, two of our old "friends" post in the same style, which is more considered, is this a coincdence and isn't having two usernames a no no on this Forum?

    On topic, would not want jerome and Rowett would go down in my estimation if he signs players he bought at Brum with little cash just because he knows them! Surely if we are serious we need better players than those mentioned?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Now that spooky, two of our old "friends" post in the same style, which is more considered, is this a coincdence and isn't having two usernames a no no on this Forum?
    You need to drop it and move on or you will be seen as the problem. You are showing your usual style of bullying and not letting it lay. Just post in topic and stop the vendetta.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattea View Post
    You need to drop it and move on or you will be seen as the problem. You are showing your usual style of bullying and not letting it lay. Just post in topic and stop the vendetta.
    You'd know all about bullying Rat, with your false quotes and sarcastic comments aimed at me on a regular basis, yet despite being asked to prove your assertions you never do, just disappear.

    I was merely pointing to the fact that two user Id's disappeared and then reappeared at the same time which is supposedly not allowed, but I guess as a mod you'd rather have a go at me rather than take a look?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Jerome was at Birmingham with Rowett (or was he sold pre Rowett??) as was Adams so he should know them. Not a fan of Jerome - bit of a journeyman but he does score 1 in every 3 games at this level. At 30 odd hes probably too old to rebuild around.

    Abraham might come out on loan for another year.... so might Demarai Gray (please). These names are all strikers tbough - is that what we need to focus on?
    Rowett signed Adams from Sheffield United who in turn had signed him from Ilkeston which is all of 10 miles from Pride Park and again says something about our abject scouting system which will hopefully now improve.

    Apparently the DT did the same 'survey' thing with midfielders and defenders but I must have missed it. Any ideas? Wouldn't mind Cattermole from Sunderland...currently out of favour, not the most sophisticated but definitely a leader and a fighter.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 21-04-2017 at 09:16 AM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Rowett signed Adams from Sheffield United who in turn had signed him from Ilkeston which is all of 10 miles from Pride Park and again says something about our abject scouting system which will hopefully now improve.

    Apparently the DT did the same 'survey' thing with midfielders and defenders but I must have missed it. Any ideas? Wouldn't mind Cattermole from Sunderland...currently out of favour, not the most sophisticated but definitely a leader and a fighter.
    Cattermole possibly right type but disciplinary record is abysmal - 7 reds and about 90 yellows

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,899
    Cattermole? He would only be able to play half the games due to being suspended all the time

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Cattermole possibly right type but disciplinary record is abysmal - 7 reds and about 90 yellows
    100 yellows and 8 reds over an eleven year career. 'Uncompromising' is I think the term nowadays but not that bad is it? Also averaged about thirty games a season despite that. More disciplined management and playing at a lower level might help. Just a thought.

    In comparison, Will Hughes - much more skilful but hardly 'uncompromising' - has already been booked nine times this season.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 21-04-2017 at 12:25 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    1,896
    DT have suggested the 5 midfielders that Rowett should take a look at in the summer:

    Grant Leadbitter (Middlesbrough)
    Would a tough-tackling midfielder over the age of 30 be what Derby County need to push for the Premier League?

    Well, Leadbitter has certainly been there and done it- having won promotion from the Championship with both Sunderland and Middlesbrough.

    He has won 191 appearances for Boro since joining them in 2012, but has only played 10 league games for them this term.

    Jota (Brentford)
    One of the most recent reasons why Derby won't be making it into the play-offs was this man's performance against the Rams on Good Friday.

    The Brentford midfielder scored twice against Derby in a 4-0 drubbing which all but consigned Derby to a 10th succcesive season in the Championship.

    The 25-year-old was on loan at Spanish side Eibar until January, but has shone since his return to Griffin Park- scoring 10 goals.

    Tom Cairney (Fulham)
    One of the Stand-out Championship performers this season- Cairney would be a major coup if Derby could land him in the summer.

    Named in the PFA Championship Team of the year, Cairney has played 46 times this season for Fulham in all competitions and has 10 goals to his name.

    The former Blackburn Rovers and Hull City man was awarded his first senior Scotland cap during the 1-1 draw with Canada in March.

    He has played a pivotal role in Fulham's charge to the Play-offs.

    Patrick Roberts (Celtic)
    Roberts has represented England from under-16 to under-20 age level-and was signed by Manchester City for a reported fee of 12 million in 2015.

    This season, Roberts has been a key figure in Celtic's dominant Scottish Premiership season- making 40 appearances in all competitions while on loan.

    He has netted seven times for the Scottish champions, but his creativity and style of play similar to what the Rams already have?

    Josh Morris (S****horpe)
    One of the hottest properties in League One football at the minute.

    Signed by S****horpe United from Bradford City in the summer- Morris started on fire at the iron and has never looked back.

    His goals- 20 of them in total- have helped S****horpe maintain their surprise promotion push to the Championship.

    Derby have been without a constant supply of goals from midfield since Craig Bryson netted 16 in 2013/14- could Morris be their answer?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    1,896
    DT have suggested the 5 Defenders Gary Rowett should take a look at in the Summer:

    Aden Flint (Bristol City)
    A widely-popular choice as Derby fans call for a new center-back.

    Flint was a Conference North defender with Alfreton Town less than 10 years ago, and also had a stint on loan at Northern Premier League side Matlock Town.

    The 27-year-old made his name at Swindon Town, where he made 64 appearances, and was snapped up by Bristol City in 2013.

    He has played 162 times for the Robins, netting 27 goals.

    Ryan Fredericks (Fulham)
    Fredericks was on the books at Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur for four years- but featured sporadically.

    He was mainly used in cup competitions and was shipped out on loans to Brentford, Millwall and Middlesbrough.

    Fredericks, 24, joined Fulham for an undisclosed fee in 2015 and has been a consistent performer, making 52 appearances.

    He has yet to score for Fulham and only has one career goal-while on loan at Millwall.

    Damien Delaney (Crystal Palace)
    Although now the wrong side of 30, Delaney's experience at Crystal Palace could be pivotal to a Derby promotion push.

    But do the Rams need an ageing 35-year-old center-back?

    Delaney has had a career spanning 546 games and can count Leicester City, Hull City and Palace on his CV.

    He has also made nine appearances for the Republic Of Ireland.

    Andre Wisdom (Liverpool)
    Impressed on a loan spell at Pride Park Stadium in 2013/14, Wisdom is currently at Austrian side Red Bull Salzburg.

    Wisdom, still a Liverpool player officially, signed a season-long loan at the Rams to progress his development and became an ever- present in the team- including playing in the 1-0 play-off final defeat to QPR at Wembley.

    The 23-year-old, who played 34 times for Derby, has since had loan spells at both West Bromwich Albion and Norwich City.

    Bruno Manga (Cardiff City)
    Known as being a tough tackler, Manga has been at Cardiff since 2014.

    He was a regular for French side FC Lorient for four years before his move to Wales, and has since established himself as one of the toughest defenders in the Championship.

    At 28-years-old, Manga, who has five goals in 41 appearances for his nation Gabon, is just about in his prime and looks set to be lured away from Cardiff.

    Wales online have reported that the defender will snub a new deal, with manager Neil Warnock admitting he couldn't see him staying.

  13. #13
    Patrick Roberts will end up featuring for City IMO next season, he looks a better bet than Jesus Navas.

    Looking through the others there are some nice players there. I think a veteran centre back who could skipper us alongside Keogh is exactly what we need. A fit Forsyth and Christie at either FB looks a reasonable defence if we can get a fit George Thorne in front of them. Midfield is badly lacking a Seth Johnson type player, BJ and JB have shown glimpses but not on a consistent enough basis.

    Upfront Vydra and/or Nugent off of a clever target man like Ulloa.

    I think we are missing three vital players through the spine of the team and who would be guaranteed starters in the first Xl.

    We are not a bad side and two or three quality additions could be enough to mount a sustainable challenge

  14. #14
    On the subject of Aden Flint, I believe we had an offer turned down by Alfreton Town when Nigel was in charge. Another one that escaped the scouting net, even at a time when some decent players were being identified. Be a bit sickening if we need to splash the cash on him seven years on...an area we really must improve.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    DT have suggested the 5 Defenders Gary Rowett should take a look at in the Summer:

    Aden Flint (Bristol City)
    A widely-popular choice as Derby fans call for a new center-back.

    Flint was a Conference North defender with Alfreton Town less than 10 years ago, and also had a stint on loan at Northern Premier League side Matlock Town.

    The 27-year-old made his name at Swindon Town, where he made 64 appearances, and was snapped up by Bristol City in 2013.

    He has played 162 times for the Robins, netting 27 goals.

    Ryan Fredericks (Fulham)
    Fredericks was on the books at Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur for four years- but featured sporadically.

    He was mainly used in cup competitions and was shipped out on loans to Brentford, Millwall and Middlesbrough.

    Fredericks, 24, joined Fulham for an undisclosed fee in 2015 and has been a consistent performer, making 52 appearances.

    He has yet to score for Fulham and only has one career goal-while on loan at Millwall.

    Damien Delaney (Crystal Palace)
    Although now the wrong side of 30, Delaney's experience at Crystal Palace could be pivotal to a Derby promotion push.

    But do the Rams need an ageing 35-year-old center-back?

    Delaney has had a career spanning 546 games and can count Leicester City, Hull City and Palace on his CV.

    He has also made nine appearances for the Republic Of Ireland.

    Andre Wisdom (Liverpool)
    Impressed on a loan spell at Pride Park Stadium in 2013/14, Wisdom is currently at Austrian side Red Bull Salzburg.

    Wisdom, still a Liverpool player officially, signed a season-long loan at the Rams to progress his development and became an ever- present in the team- including playing in the 1-0 play-off final defeat to QPR at Wembley.

    The 23-year-old, who played 34 times for Derby, has since had loan spells at both West Bromwich Albion and Norwich City.

    Bruno Manga (Cardiff City)
    Known as being a tough tackler, Manga has been at Cardiff since 2014.

    He was a regular for French side FC Lorient for four years before his move to Wales, and has since established himself as one of the toughest defenders in the Championship.

    At 28-years-old, Manga, who has five goals in 41 appearances for his nation Gabon, is just about in his prime and looks set to be lured away from Cardiff.

    Wales online have reported that the defender will snub a new deal, with manager Neil Warnock admitting he couldn't see him staying.
    Some nice idea's there Rfj ,your posting is improving

  16. #16
    Wisdom is great at defending but all I really remember about him, was him winning the ball and promptly giving it back to the opposition. Do we really want him back?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    1,896
    All players give the ball away at some point in the game throughout the season, but as long as they don't do it on a consistent basis, it doesn't become a problem.

    He was strong as an ox when he was last here and much older as well and has become more mature in the game, but we will see if he comes knocking at our door come the summer.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    1,896
    Jota bagged 2 more goals for Brentford today against QPR. Absolutely quality player, got to bring him to Pride Park in the summer.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    1,896
    Aden Flint scored a crucial goal today for Bristol City, to help them take another step towards securing Championship survival.

    Another player that was on the list that is ticking all the right boxes for the summer.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    1,896
    Bruno Manga has caught the eye of Turkish giants Galatasaray.

    Manga's contract with the bluebirds expires at the end of this season and manager Nigel Warnock recently revealed that planned meetings over a potential new deal had been cancelled when the player's representatives failed to turn up.

    Clubs are already making a move for top targets, so if we are going to make a move for player's on this list then we need to do so now before they are taken up by another club.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •