+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Season Friendlies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pre-Season Friendlies

Leicester City to visit Molineux on July 29th. There are two away friendlies though before that against Shrewsbury Town on Saturday, July 22nd (3pm), and at Peterborough United on Tuesday, July 25th (7.30pm).

I will probably go to both the Shrewsbury away and Leicester City home friendly.

More Info Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Leicester City to visit Molineux on July 29th. There are two away friendlies though before that against Shrewsbury Town on Saturday, July 22nd (3pm), and at Peterborough United on Tuesday, July 25th (7.30pm).

I will probably go to both the Shrewsbury away and Leicester City home friendly.

More Info Click Here
    I'm still trying to work out exactly when I will be back this year but that Leicester game looks good, might just have to make that one.

The season proper starts in early August correct?

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    I'm still trying to work out exactly when I will be back this year but that Leicester game looks good, might just have to make that one.

The season proper starts in early August correct?
    Yes Woody, the season kicks off on August 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Yes Woody, the season kicks off on August 5th.
    Cheers Gav, i will try and shape my trip so that I catch the Leicester game and hopefully a couple of league games.

Yeah ha! Throw another log cabin on the fire!!

As we say in Texas.

I'm still trying to work out exactly when I will be back this year but that Leicester game looks good, might just have to make that one. The season proper starts in early August correct?
    Is that right Woody, did you really come back to blighty again recently ?
    If or when you come back I hope you enjoy the fresh air we have here (sometimes), and the proper coffee and proper lager & beer/ale we still have here. Before it sells out and becomes all Europeano etc!!
    And yes we are an early August to early May season, usually.

Missed the game obviously because I'm still here. What a goal though, looked like serious football. Still encouraged but still have that fear that we will end up as another Watford, nothing but foriegn players and no identity. Mind you, we are Wolves ay we and it will take a lot to wash that away.

Acido, the Real Ale movement is bigger here now then it is in the UK. I can buy amazing mind wobbling beers in my local supermarket. Also we have a choice of the best coffees in the world, American, Italian, Turkish, the whole shooting match, Houston is a very cosmopolitan area.

Can't get a pint of Wards though, one of my favorite sips. From Sheffield of course.

Missed the game obviously because I'm still here. What a goal though, looked like serious football. Still encouraged but still have that fear that we will end up as another Watford, nothing but foriegn players and no identity. Mind you, we are Wolves ay we and it will take a lot to wash that away.

Acido, the Real Ale movement is bigger here now then it is in the UK. I can buy amazing mind wobbling beers in my local supermarket. Also we have a choice of the best coffees in the world, American, Italian, Turkish, the whole shooting match, Houston is a very cosmopolitan area.

Can't get a pint of Wards though, one of my favorite sips. From Sheffield of course.
    In my opinion it hasn't done Watford any harm, a mix of foreign and British based players. If yesterday's line-up is anything to go by then our like up will have a decent mix of players with different nationalities. As long as we can mount a promotion push, then i'm not fussed where any of the players come from.

Woody, if you have ESPN as part of your cable or satellite package, you can watch a replay of the match on ESPN3.com

Houston is the poor mans Dallas isnt it. (and that reminds me, the NFL season starts again soon)
    And I have noticed in the Wetherspoons over here that more and more U.S breweries are making the stronger ales.
    Lager is my tipple though, like Stella, Carlsberg Export, Kronenbourg, & Tyskie, to name just a few.

Wolves to play Werder Bremen on 12th July in Austria.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)