+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Donald Trump's Big Red 'Button'

[QUOTE=TouchEm;38754244]
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Don't get 'Touchy' youth. No arrogance in what I said. I'm a self confessed ignoramus by the way but certainly more experienced in life I would suggest.[/QUOTE

That I doubt very much. Want to think again seriously arrogant one

We Tories march on, good bye.....

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Ahah! If it does we'll have Tarkers on our backs, so to speak.
    On the unemployment rate thing:

The fact that US unemployment has dropped by 15% in Trump’s first year might not be as good for him as it first seems, at least where media spin potential is concerned. The lowest unemployment rates in the OECD countries are at about 3% (Iceland, Japan). Even the German unemployment rate is 3.8% which seems to leave little scope for the US one to drop much more now it’s at only 4.1%.

Unemployment rates are like golf handicaps. You can get them down by large amounts from high numbers, but then it gets nearly impossible to go lower at very low numbers.

This comes back to how the media and his detractors will spin it if the unemployment rate is at, say, 4.5% in his last year (which would be lower than any rate under Obama). I’d expect most of the MSM narrative to then be “unemployment has risen 10% in the last 3 years of Trump’s first term” as opposed to “unemployment has remained at historically low figures throughout Trump’s first term and lower than any time under Obama”.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Not at all - the same principle would apply in my case whosoever was in power. Is the statement true or false?
    If the statement is "To me, you work hard .. you make good money and you pay the required tax", then it's a statement I've always aspired to and abided by. Can the Tories (and the Royal Family for that matter) say the same?

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post

We Tories march on, good bye.....
    True, but is constantly marching backwards what we need?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    True, but is constantly marching backwards what we need?

Lol, dream on, how is Steptoe and Abbott going on, Lol,lol.....

Lol, dream on, how is Steptoe and Abbott going on, Lol,lol.....
    Seeing as you ask, they're currently beating your lot in the opinion polls.

Which sadly I see as Tory weakness rather than Labour strength. Should I stoop to your level, and end the post with three mindless 'lols'?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Seeing as you ask, they're currently beating your lot in the opinion polls.

Which sadly I see as Tory weakness rather than Labour strength. Should I stoop to your level, and end the post with three mindless 'lols'?

lol, sad Labour fool, your lot will never get in power, dream on baby... Corbyn as PM,lol,lol,lol,lol....

Quote Originally Posted by AltyPie View Post
    On the unemployment rate thing:

The fact that US unemployment has dropped by 15% in Trump’s first year might not be as good for him as it first seems, at least where media spin potential is concerned. The lowest unemployment rates in the OECD countries are at about 3% (Iceland, Japan). Even the German unemployment rate is 3.8% which seems to leave little scope for the US one to drop much more now it’s at only 4.1%.

Unemployment rates are like golf handicaps. You can get them down by large amounts from high numbers, but then it gets nearly impossible to go lower at very low numbers.

This comes back to how the media and his detractors will spin it if the unemployment rate is at, say, 4.5% in his last year (which would be lower than any rate under Obama). I’d expect most of the MSM narrative to then be “unemployment has risen 10% in the last 3 years of Trump’s first term” as opposed to “unemployment has remained at historically low figures throughout Trump’s first term and lower than any time under Obama”.
    I agree with pretty much all of that but I don't have much sympathy regarding the spin on stats for a man who knowingly lied about Obama being a foreign Muslim to get votes.

The reality is that he inherited a successful economy and until now has continued that success at pretty much the same rate as his predecessor. He hasn't really passed any meaningful economic reforms yet (considering the tax reform bill was signed just before Christmas), probably best to judge him later on in his term, bearing in mind what you said that full employment is virtually unheard of.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I agree with pretty much all of that but I don't have much sympathy regarding the spin on stats for a man who knowingly lied about Obama being a foreign Muslim to get votes.

The reality is that he inherited a successful economy and until now has continued that success at pretty much the same rate as his predecessor. He hasn't really passed any meaningful economic reforms yet (considering the tax reform bill was signed just before Christmas), probably best to judge him later on in his term, bearing in mind what you said that full employment is virtually unheard of.

Get a grip and stop moaning, he is doing ok.

Get a grip and stop moaning, he is doing ok.
    Log off and let the grown-ups talk.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast