+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: We are desperate for a striker

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    With a couple of better finishers we could be 5 or 6- remember, we were 4th for 24 hours matching the top 4 -6 teams. But now we are many points behind. 7th in the PL is a great feeling but we didnt maintain that lofty perch not because we let in too many but because we dont have better strikers.SD will sort that out in the summer.
    We have a £15 million pound striker who is a Southern Hemisphere mard arse and doesn't want to play and a £5 million pound striker who Sean doesn't want to play. I'm at a loss!

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    With a couple of better finishers we could be 5 or 6- remember, we were 4th for 24 hours matching the top 4 -6 teams. But now we are many points behind. 7th in the PL is a great feeling but we didnt maintain that lofty perch not because we let in too many but because we dont have better strikers.SD will sort that out in the summer.
    We didn't maintain that lofty perch due to being without our first choice keeper, our best defender, two influential mid fielders and leading scorer. Would rather see us winning 1-0 or getting a 1-1 as against City and playing as we do than going all out and getting beat 3-2 every week. What is supposed to be wrong with Wood anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We have a £15 million pound striker who is a Southern Hemisphere mard arse and doesn't want to play and a £5 million pound striker who Sean doesn't want to play. I'm at a loss!
    If SD thinks Wells is the answer, he would play him- as for one-touch Wood, his missus should play for us instead and he can sit it out in the WSL 1

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    no Messi on that list Sinkov - it's just not good enough.

....after 26 games we've got Barnes and Vokes on 3 goals a peice - lets see what other forwards can do better - but why think so big...we dont need to go up there when can go low - right to the bottom - into relegation land, West Brom to start - there's Rondon with 4 goals to his name, 1 better than ours - but poor fellow, perhaps he's not getting the service, and who's that....it's Jay Rodriguez, he's another with 4 goals, poor Jay - rooted to the bottom of the table.
    Now we go to Huddersfield - also in a relegation spot, but things are hotting up with Laurent Depoitre coming in with a whole 5 goals, and running closely behind him it's back to 4 from Steve Mounie.
    Lastly we have Stoke, though they have scored 26 goals...their forwards aren't not fairing any better than the Terriers...with Diouf on 5 and Choupo-Moting on 4.
    Does that mean ours have the worst showing in the PL....surely not !

No, it doesn't Norder.

You have forgotten to include Wood with his 5 goals. His strike rate would have meant that he was on course for 16 goals - if he played every game.

BT - HE IS BLEEDING INJURED!! I hate it when our players get bad mouthed by our own "supporters". If you have an issue then take it up with Sean. Perhaps you can give him a "straightener"

CT used to have it in for the Beast...I hated that too.

This seasons scoring stats at the link. What a superb return by JBG - 2 goals and 5 assists so far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/...ey/top-scorers

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    No, it doesn't Norder.
    You have forgotten to include Wood with his 5 goals. His strike rate would have meant that he was on course for 16 goals - if he played every game.
    didn't do Wood - 59'60.....because he's currently out - so thought it fair not to include him - how kind am I.

Kind, but not accurate!

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Kind, but not accurate!
    if the being accurate is futile 59'60 - then.....

I am not being unkind to Wood. I just do not like mard arses! Injured my arse!

no Messi on that list Sinkov - it's just not good enough.

Nothing to do with me Norder, I'm perfectly happy with a team that can be missing six of it's best players and still be 7th in the PL.

I'm just trying to help those that think we should be signing a striker who can lift us above Arsenal in the league. It's just a shortlist of those already playing in the PL who are scoring at the required rate. I just thought it might bring a dose of reality for those that think the striker we apparently 'need', the one who can make us a better team than Arsenal, is out there just waiting for Sean to sign him.

But then again, it might not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I am not being unkind to Wood. I just do not like mard arses! Injured my arse!
    BT mon ami, where Wood is concerned you're talking utter bollox and I agree with 59/60, as a Burnley fan you're a disgrace. You should hang your head in shame and button it. Or feck off and support Blackburn Rovers.

Nothing personal, just MHO as a Burnley fan.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)