+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 581 of 625 FirstFirst ... 81481531571579580581582583591 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,810 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

I think this will definitely be his last transfer window with Aberdeen. It could be his best yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Our manager also said that we'd tried for a few players but those options came to nothing. Also we can only get in touch with players during the window if they are out of contract in 6 months, thereby limiting the number of players we can talk to. Sounds like you are expecting miracles from our club.
    Sorry, but he's treating us like fuuckin imbeciles coming out with that.

I'm perfectly willing to accept the fact we've tried for players and didn't get them - must happen all the time. C'est la vie.

But for him to try and say we can only get in touch with players during a window if they are out of contract in 6 months time - and by implication that means we've never had any contact with any such player before then at all - pish.

Aye, you can only do it "officially" then, but your nae telling me clubs and managers aren't speaking to agents all the time tapping folk up and checking out how they feel about future moves.

Anyone think Sevco or the Tims don't do that? or the HIV's or Diets?

Sorry, but I'm nae having that. We should be scenario planning based on our contractual situation - who we have going out of contract in 12-24 months time - and then have our draft potential replacements list ready to go, along with a pretty good idea of who is minded to come here - and we should have it two windows in advance obviously. Its very much a live document though and will change window to window so would need regular review and updating by the manager, scouts, director of football operations, chairman etc.

Its what any sensible, well run and well structured football club would do...
    Last edited by The_Moog; 31-01-2021 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

But for him to try and say we can only get in touch with players during a window if they are out of contract in 6 months time - and by implication that means we've never had any contact with any such player before then at all - pish.

Anyone think Sevco or the Tims don't do that? or the HIV's or Diets?

Its what any sensible, well run and well structured football club would do...
    That bit about 6 months isn't a quote. I said that not McInnes.

If Sevco and smelly do it, then that is a good enough reason to not do it. These cheating minks have been openly doing it via a willing press. Doesn't make it right and I wouldn't want to be at that level.

Any well run, sensible football club would surely run within the rules. Better person and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    The point I am making is that we have known for months that he will be possibly leaving so any professional organisation would have a list of likely replacements ready made. As you say players can't move between windows so we should have had a prioritised list ready long before January, which would have required McInnes input. Once it becomes clear we will need a replacement, why does it need McInnes to do the legwork the day before a game. What is Stephen Gunn doing (head of football operations)? Or Russ Richardson? I understand why McInnes may need to have a 30 minute call to get a signing over the line but spending hours and hours as he implied?

I don't expect miracles but a touch of professionalism wouldn't go amiss
    It can't take that long to log into Football Manager and search for Strikers over 6ft5 with very limited footballing ability. Print off the list, then make a few phone calls. Tell the club we once had James Maddison here on loan and he went on to great things afterwards. Double check the players height with the club. Then phone the player, tell them they'll get a game ahead of our own young players and will be vying with the great Curtis Main for a starting slot for the rest of the season. Triple check the players height with the player himself. If he can prove he's over 6ft5 sign him.

Is this not the usual approach? Can't take very long surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    A timely reminder that McInnes works two windows in advance.

No laughing up the back
    Is that the square window or the round one?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    A timely reminder that McInnes works two windows in advance.

No laughing up the back
    They say to be a good liar you need a good memory.

McInnes struggles on both counts.

Looks like Wright is away and McCrorie is now permanently signed.

With the transfer activity today looks like Derek was as fed up with the strikers at AFC as we have been and got rid of the lot.
    Better than expected business if it all goes through. Our forwards this year have been really shyte so whoever comes in can't be much worse

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    With the transfer activity today looks like Derek was as fed up with the strikers at AFC as we have been and got rid of the lot.
    Better than expected business if it all goes through. Our forwards this year have been really shyte so whoever comes in can't be much worse
    I think it shows his @rse is collapsing and he is trying anything by bringing in players on loan.

He has been found out in my opinion and he knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    There's many things I disagree with you on RJ but on this one you are spot on. We have been trying to sell Cosgrove for at least six months so why on earth did we not have a list of suitable candidates already to go and task one of our general management types that we have to go land the right person that our manager should have identified months ago. As you said all very amateurish.

Of course could just be made up sh1t by McInnes to deflect from yet another woeful performance from Aberdeen nil.
    I'd say that Ross Stewart was 100% his replacement

I've said multiple times that there should be a list of 2/3 players for each member of our squad in the event that a player moves so they can be immediately replaced
    A money option (if cash is available)
    A like for like steady Eddie option
    Young potential option

but especially with Cosgrove since he could have left for France in the summer.

Page 581 of 625 FirstFirst ... 81481531571579580581582583591 ... LastLast