+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager required ASAP

Agree with OP on this, Csaba has made us worse than Ray which I thought was impossible. Tuesday was final straw.

Once again he is stubborn and has stayed loyal to our worst performers. Scobbie & Murdoch starting Tuesday after Saturday was a disgrace. Continues to play our goalscorer McDonald deep.

Signed Lyng, Slater, Gillespie. Mikklesen didn't win a header all night, hes a target man!

Substituted Ralston who was bombing forward and moved Murdoch back at right back.

Thompson has employed 4 jokes in a row, look where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by RazzP83 View Post
    Agree with OP on this, Csaba has made us worse than Ray which I thought was impossible. Tuesday was final straw.

Once again he is stubborn and has stayed loyal to our worst performers. Scobbie & Murdoch starting Tuesday after Saturday was a disgrace. Continues to play our goalscorer McDonald deep.

Signed Lyng, Slater, Gillespie. Mikklesen didn't win a header all night, hes a target man!

Substituted Ralston who was bombing forward and moved Murdoch back at right back.

The belief seems to be that he isn't signing these players.

certainly explains why hardly any of them have been playing.

boys like slater and gilliespie are decent players (better than some others who have got more game time) yet sit on the bench and hardly get any game time.

i would like to see some of these guys given a chance on saturday. even boys like mason? played once and never seen again? why not see what hes like? hope its not a kyle knoyle situation. decent players but wait too long before we play him

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Will you please stop spouting rubbish about that being the worst home defeat for years, since 1960 you're now saying.
    It's the worst home defeat for 8 weeks, since Morton, 2018.
    Chin up Rocket Man.
    Says the guy who scored mixu appointment a 10 ffs lol

Its our worst league defeat at Tannadice in half a century with Morton right beside it, so that's Laszlo presided over our two worst defeats at home in the league since 1960 in the space of a couple months, great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by RazzP83 View Post

Don't agree at all with ram or smed view that because the last 3 appointments were poor (inc csaba) that means we stick and hope,bizarre

If we done that in the past we'd have stuck with Brewster instead of landing Levein w/ Houston ,who instantly improved our no hopers who were being thrashed every week before he ever made signings

It is ***** our club has a true leader and manager going into the summer window, that is not csaba, wish it was but its simply not, we have good options available (Houston, Hopkin, Neilson etc) and a chance for the new chairman to make a very good start in choosing right, sticking will lose him any goodwill right away

Not sure that Houston would be the answer as he failed at Falkirk, or did he loose interest?

Hopkin might see where he is as a better option of promotion.

And i dont see the love for Nielson being an ex player and did will at Hearts because he had the support from above.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Says the guy who scored mixu appointment a 10 ffs lol

Its our worst league defeat at Tannadice in half a century with Morton right beside it, so that's Laszlo presided over our two worst defeats at home in the league since 1960 in the space of a couple months, great stuff
    I did, I admit it, but why not?
    I thought he ticked every box, I really did.

But....
    I think the traditional football manager model is tarnished, it's untenable. Football manager appointments fail 75% of the time and that's a conservative estimate. It's farcical. But all clubs keep doing it. I often say this with reference to our own club, if we'd known how the managerial appointment was going to end up we would have stuck with one out of a dozen since JYM. 11 of the 12 you would not have appointed with the majority of them being sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Not sure that Houston would be the answer as he failed at Falkirk, or did he loose interest?

Hopkin might see where he is as a better option of promotion.

And i dont see the love for Nielson being an ex player and did will at Hearts because he had the support from above.
    Agreed Chick.
    The PH love I don't get at all but I can tell you there's more chance of Arab Plumber being the next manager.
    Hopkin?? Yeah he might move on from Livi but watch him plummet.
    Neilson?? Just nah. No chance. Makes Pressley look good.

They're not bad people, just the manager job is largely impossible.

if we were to get rid of CL now my vote would be for Neilson or Hughes or mccall

Neilson- i know hearts fans who hated their style under RN but he got them walking away to the title when hibs and sevco were there. he knows how to get out of the division. would he come back up for us? maybe if we were in prem but doubtful in championship tbh

Hughes- he's been shortlisted twice in recent times. yeah he done poor with raith but surely it might be the chance to give both parties the chance to build a reputation again. plus he did get falkirk promoted so knows how to do it.

McCall- i wanted him when we sacked jackie. think he was interested but with thompson being there he didnt want it. got a decent record and always thought his motherwell teams were pretty decent. similar to RN he might not fancy coming back up here to championship though after being downsouth.

houston is a legend for the cup win but dont think he would come back to the club after the way we treated him tbh. hopkin has done well with livi but strikes me as a jackie mac/hartley type? could be decent for a year or two but then could just plummet and need to go somewhere lower to build rep again.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Don't agree at all with ram or smed view that because the last 3 appointments were poor (inc csaba) that means we stick and hope,bizarre

If we done that in the past we'd have stuck with Brewster instead of landing Levein w/ Houston ,who instantly improved our no hopers who were being thrashed every week before he ever made signings

It is ***** our club has a true leader and manager going into the summer window, that is not csaba, wish it was but its simply not, we have good options available (Houston, Hopkin, Neilson etc) and a chance for the new chairman to make a very good start in choosing right, sticking will lose him any goodwill right away

What real benefit could we gain by ousting the Shabs at this moment in time? What calibre of manager are we likely to attract as things stand? Are we likely to win the title if we change manager now? Are we likely to win the play offs? How much will it cost us to evacuate Shabs?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)