+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Amber Rudd

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Tories generally go into politics for 2 reasons; to keep their mates rich and make the poor poorer. They don’t go in with any morality so why anyone would expect them to leave with any is a mystery. May should have gone ages ago.
    Seems to me over the 50+ years I've been trying to follow politics is that Liebour get in with wild promises and in this case had an open door immigration policy coupled with "let's spend it all while we're here" and then leave it to a Tory government to try and put things back on an even keel and make themselves unpopular doing so thus letting in the next Liebour government to undo the correction and thus it goes on.

In the Windrush/Immigration issue we're witnessing where poor management has made the target their objective instead of doing the right thing. Happens in other areas too including schools and NHS, thinking that management is just about setting and meeting a target regardless of the consequence. The end justifies the means - NOT.

Successive governments had the opportunity to sort Windrush out and a stricter immigration policy was being called for by many. A terrible shame the former wasn't sorted before the latter came in and the proof of the pudding will be in a well corrective action is put into place instead of trying to make it a political scoring game.

Careful the tricky, oxoman is a legend on here along with prediction dog dwaine pipe ane the nutter who sets fire to things who's name is can't remember

Quote Originally Posted by magpiekev View Post
    Careful the tricky, oxoman is a legend on here along with prediction dog dwaine pipe ane the nutter who sets fire to things who's name is can't remember
    Oxoman is a legend. Badly missed.
    PNEThor as well. That Dulux dog for a man, was hysterical

Quote Originally Posted by magpiekev View Post
    Bass_ Turd was the arsonist, and Oxoman always boasted about his team winning the Milk Cup, not the Leaue Cup.

I know it's the same trophy, but he always called it the Milk Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Rudd in the Trent were always rare. It has always been a predominant Roach river. Funny really, how you are more likely to catch a roach/bream hybrid than a Rudd.
    Maybe a Corbyn/Abbott hybrid is what is needed? ;-)
    I'm one of a special group of people who has actually caught a Rainbow Trout in the Trent via a feeder Trout stocked river the River Greet. Was only about 10 ounce though so not a keeper. I always found the Trent great for a Chubb or two and gudgeon bashing plus great 2lb Perch near Staythorpe Power Station outlet where there is warm water. Is that still there? Nowadays I have to make do with Saratogta and Bass on my locally stocked lake and spotted Mackerel just out of the Noosa river Barr.

Such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    is hanging on by the skin of her teeth, but the Guardian has been passed an internal document that proves conclusively that she was fully aware that targets were being used to get rid of people. Rudd's body language shows a woman in deep brown stuff who has no idea how to get out of it.
    And nor can our illustrious Prime Minister pretend it's nothing to do with her. She set the ball rolling in this direction. The London elections next week will be a rout for the Tory party for many reasons and one of them is the number of Londoners whose British status is threatened by those who wish to send all immigrants home.
    Cue for slagging off of Corbyn & Abbott, which has absolutely nothing to do with this mess of a government.
    So she resigns-- big deal, she will be replaced like many politicians before her and life goes on. As for the London elections Labour will win mainly because London is becoming like a separate state that is not in sink with the rest of the country. The brexit vote proved that.
    The majority of immigrants head there and they are worried about their future.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Bass_ Turd was the arsonist, and Oxoman always boasted about his team winning the Milk Cup, not the Leaue Cup.

I know it's the same trophy, but he always called it the Milk Cup.
    I've been worried sick.

... just waiting for my haddock & chips at Steels ...
    There should be a number of sackings at the Home Office. All ministers rely heavily on their PPS and civil servants to keep them on top of any scenario. So it's down to capability (inefficient) or conduct (probably back stabbing) that AR is in difficulty. It will soon pass and Libour can be held to account for their failure in 2008/09 in no dealing with this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I'm one of a special group of people who has actually caught a Rainbow Trout in the Trent via a feeder Trout stocked river the River Greet. Was only about 10 ounce though so not a keeper. I always found the Trent great for a Chubb or two and gudgeon bashing plus great 2lb Perch near Staythorpe Power Station outlet where there is warm water. Is that still there? Nowadays I have to make do with Saratogta and Bass on my locally stocked lake and spotted Mackerel just out of the Noosa river Barr.

Such is life.
    Christ QP the old Staythorpe coal fired station was dismantled years ago and been replaced by a gas fired faculty about 10 years ago. I've heard tales of the huge carp and chub caught in front of the old station but no longer as the waste water flowing into the river now is nowhere as warm as the waste from from the old cooling towers.

Until recently I fished the Averham stretch just 200 yards downstream from the station and good specimen barbel are now the main catch.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Christ QP the old Staythorpe coal fired station was dismantled years ago and been replaced by a gas fired faculty
    Could this be the reason that my old lecturers seemed to be full of hot air......

Did you mean 'facility'?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast