+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Champions league Final

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    So SS the fact he did it before and got a yellow for it a year earlier - even though Alves was able to free his arm means nothing to you.
    The pundits weren’t aware of that at the time they commented.

Heres what the European Judo Union say
    the European Judo Union weighed in on Ramos’ tackle on Salah and confirmed that the Waka-gatame arm lock, when used in unison with a throw, is an illegal move in the sport due to how dangerous it is.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/28/liver...8/?ito=cbshare
    We can argue all day about it, however, he was playing football and not judo, therefore, it is irrelevant.
    Nothing will change the result, no matter what your or I think about it.
    What happened a year earlier happened, however, I did not see that Ramos was retrospectively banned for it nor did I see any big discussion about what happened until someone has seen fit to dig up last year's events which means absolutely nothing to me except for the fact that Real Madird won 4-1 and there were 8 cautions and 1 dismissal by the excellent Dr. Brych.

History will show that Sergio Ramos won his 4th European Champions League winner's medal when Real Madrid beat Liverpool 3-1 in Kiev.

It was a game of football in the grand scale of things and is now being blown up out of all proportion by law suits and fans unable to accept that things happen in a game of football at all levels and that is the nature of the game.

Horrendous challenge for me, and I think he should be taken to task over it.

Horrendous? If we are going to class that as horrendous the game really is on the downward trail.
    Two footed dive, out of control and over the ball hitting someone just under the knee ---how do you describe that if a linking of arms is horrendous and happens in every game?

Did you see Norman Hunter take out Frank Casper at Leeds back in March 1974 --that was horrendous.
    Can we have a law suit against Norman Hunter because he virtually finished Frank's career.

These things happen in football ----unless you get rid of all physical contact.

That wasn’t physical contact - it was an arm trap and hold, followed by a throw and a landing on top of him. Whatever records say people will form their own conclusions about Mr Ramos. Try googling “Ramos cheat” for a few other examples.
    There was no reason to continue holding Salahs arm till he hit the floor unless it was deliberate - which it was.

Try this for size SS

10 red cards often taking out the key player.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xkamtKnV2yM

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    That wasn’t physical contact - it was an arm trap and hold, followed by a throw and a landing on top of him. Whatever records say people will form their own conclusions about Mr Ramos. Try googling “Ramos cheat” for a few other examples.
    There was no reason to continue holding Salahs arm till he hit the floor unless it was deliberate - which it was.
    Of course it was deliberate, however, it is all part and parcel of the game and happens week in and week out and I really can't understand what all the fuss is about.
    I wanted Liverpool to win because I always support English clubs in Europe, however, Madrid were too clever and that includes Ramos being able to manipulate Salah so that he fell, however, the officials did not consider that there was anything wrong with the linking of arms and I accept their decision and get on with life. The result will not be changed and Ramos will not be charged with anything because he only did something which happens in every game, every week at all levels --it is not unusual ---people even found a similar incident in another game in which Ramos was playing --see ---I said it was not unusual.

Glad I don’t play against you - (I don’t play against anyone.)

Have you been to Specsavers. Lolz

Here’s another 8 mins of fair play from your idol. Seems a really nice man if your blue tinted ones are on!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6FzlbZWFh54

I will not watch a video which I notice is published just 3 days ago and which no doubt will feature some fouls by Ramos during his 620 game career. Big deal.
    He has been dismissed many times in his career and that is playing in a league where players are dismissed far more easily than they are over here ---should he have been banned for life?
    He is not my idol, I just appreciate a really good defender when I see one, having been a lot less talented myself and just at semi-pro level.
    He doesn't need to be a nice man, I never was when I played --I had a winner's mentality just as Ramos does. He has been a lot more successful than I ever was and he has achieved that because he has worked hard at it and has played for a top club since 2005.

I have nothing else to add, however, I am waiting for someone to criticise his liking for bullfighting because that doesn't seem to have been levelled against him up to now ---I'm sure that the Egyptian businessman will be digging for something ---perhaps Ramos's father was involved in the Suez crisis or vandalised a pyramid or something.

OC --I respect your opinion, however, this whole thing has been blown up out of all proportion and nothing is going to change until FIFA get their wish and remove all physical contact. That would ensure that players like Ramos, Ben Mee, James Tarkowski and lots of others would not be able to play their game. Would you like to watch football played like that? I am sure that I wouldn't!

Knobbling opponents is an art form, and Ramos is really good at it!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Knobbling opponents is an art form, and Ramos is really good at it!
    Regularly too. BT

Never seen Mee or Tarks do anything like that SS, maybe you could find a video of them doing it for me? Don’t put them in the Ramos category. Norman Hunter maybe fits with Ramos, but that’s a very very long time ago.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)