+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Csaba Laszlo - should he go now (Yes or No)

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    If the board sack Csaba, even anytime in the first half of the season (unless results are utterly ridiculous), then questions need to be asked about THEIR performance.
    The monkey backing him when we were struggling to make the Championship play offs tells me all i need to know about the new/old/just the FN same regime.

If the board sack Csaba, even anytime in the first half of the season (unless results are utterly ridiculous), then questions need to be asked about THEIR performance.
    The Questions need to be asked because they are persisting with a manager that is totally abject

The sooner he is gone the better.

You seem to suggest the board are only keeping to save face

The board should not be worried about their own reputations - people will give them a bit of leeway anyway as they are just starting out and they are not ST.

Board's only concern should be the wellbeing of Dundee United and Dundee United are suffering badly under a terrible manager. The Board need to act for the benefit of the club

For clarification, I'm not suggesting that at all. Everyone knows I think the board are making the correct decision by giving Csaba time to build something, going back on that now would just be poor leadership IMHO.

For clarification, I'm not suggesting that at all. Everyone knows I think the board are making the correct decision by giving Csaba time to build something, going back on that now would just be poor leadership IMHO.
    Let's hope what he is building is not a mediocre squad overseen by a poor manager who are going to fail to win the league

The target is supposed to be winning the league - from what I've seen Csaba is going to fall well short of that, again

Inverness showed last season that a bad start will cost you your chance of promotion

In persisting with csaba we are consigning ourselves to another two years in the championship as we won't be getting promoted until 2020 at the earliest

I do agree with some of the above,i think the appointment of Shabba lies at Martin's door and he is refusing to believe that decision's made by him are as disastrous as his drinking buddy's.When i heard the news in April that the manager was to be kept on regardless of where we finished it was the final straw for me.

I am tending to agree with TTT on this. The board are giving him a clean slate from last season given the nature of what else was happening at the club. So I am willing to do the same. I am not going to judge him on the Betfred given the amount of player turnover, it was inevitable that this would have to be treated as part of the pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddydog View Post
    I am tending to agree with TTT on this. The board are giving him a clean slate from last season given the nature of what else was happening at the club. So I am willing to do the same. I am not going to judge him on the Betfred given the amount of player turnover, it was inevitable that this would have to be treated as part of the pre-season.
    There was a similar turnover last season and we managed to get out of the group.Regardless of the player changes this season i would still expect any Dundee United 11 playing at home to be capable of beating Arbroath and Alloa.I sincerely hope you and TTT are proved correct and i am hopelessly wrong but with the current BOD and manager the play offs will be a bonus.

The mental thing is had we been better at taking/saving penalties we could of been top of the group. Bring back Cammy Bell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Concerns over performances, so i'm told. You know the same concerns we've all had since January.
    So Shabba and Mike have talked about a plan but Mike didnt pass on what that plan was!

I am glad though that there are people on the board now who have the power to raise the same issues that we rant about here. I just hope MM can bring a balance but then be able to act when things on the park look to be on the edge of failure!

Quote Originally Posted by Noddydog View Post
    With the players we have, we should have beaten Arbroath and laid down a few markers against Alloa and County that would have made them think about what was coming this season. Now, i cant see us wining tomorrow and Dunfermline must be rubbing their hands that their first away game is at us next week!

I really hope im wrong, but i dont think Shabba will get too long, especially when gate receipts fall dramatically.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)