+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hull City Post Match Thoughts

OK, so there seems to be a lot of fans against 451. I don’t know why. It was the most successful formation for us last year and signalled the change of form after Christmas in the main part.

The full backs are both shocking and cause us much of our problem. It’s not just their defending buts it’s their movement and passing that is being exposed. They don’t even know how to make space for the midfielders when we are in possession.

The midfielders are also out of their depth. I will no comment on Manning but the others are too slow and too inaccurate to operate at this level.

From what I have seen so far - 3 matches - I predict we will get less points than last time out. It’s that bad

Nothing wrong with 4-5-1 if we have the right players in midfield. (We don't ) Smudger needs help from midfield, Taylor atm is bringing little to the game, perhaps a change wide right for Sunday ?
    Will Vaulks and Matt Palmer in Centre-Mid not working and imo won't ever work. Apart from Manning and Newell late on there's a lack of creativity in the side. Lack of quality counts, by-passed midfield for large parts of the game, awful to watch and we gave Hull City the initiative at every opportunity.
    Anyone would think we were the away side and not Hull.
    On average we are scoring one per game and conceding two or more.. The writings on the wall, by late
    Sunday we could be just be outside the bottom three or in the bottom three.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 22-08-2018 at 12:30 AM.

It's a long shot but we could be in the bottom 3 this time tomorrow Casper

Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Valley View Post
    OK, so there seems to be a lot of fans against 451. I don’t know why. It was the most successful formation for us last year and signalled the change of form after Christmas in the main part.

The full backs are both shocking and cause us much of our problem. It’s not just their defending buts it’s their movement and passing that is being exposed. They don’t even know how to make space for the midfielders when we are in possession.

The midfielders are also out of their depth. I will no comment on Manning but the others are too slow and too inaccurate to operate at this level.

From what I have seen so far - 3 matches - I predict we will get less points than last time out. It’s that bad
    What’s it matter what we did last season which was L1, we are on about this game against Hull where we should have gone two up front to start with and attacked.
    The better players either were on bench or not even in team and that don’t to one person

A game we could and should have won imo
    Last edited by millertop; 22-08-2018 at 05:18 AM.

In the first half the Ball was getting hoofed up to smith.
    He had 4 players round him and the nearest midfielder was on the half way line that clearly doesn’t work.

The fact that it worked last year is irrelevant.
    If we use the same tactics on Sunday we lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    No amount of coaching will help Taylor out as he is no where near good enough, league two player at best, you can clearly tell this with the fact that every time he tries to take a player on he loses the ball at the both levels.

Hull were an awful side, looked worse than a lot of the sides we played last season. We were just garbage. Wrong from the start but should of clearly been changed at least 10 mins before half time. Like playing with 9 men with how bad Taylor and Valuks were.

He needs to get the better players like Jones and Forde in the side, plus hopefully new midfielder.

Some positives at least when he did change it, Proctor looks good enough, he needs to be in the side too.
    you know it's bad when forde is mentioned as one of the better players.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I agree with all of this. Only other thing I would add is. The two bad games vyner has had, Taylor was Infront of him ...
    2? He also had a bad game against Wigan when Forde was in front of him so I can’t seen how Taylor can be blamed for Vyner being rubbish.

Still early so we have to give Vyner benefit of doubt we could say but I’m still confused has to why Jones isn’t getting any game time.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Vyner and Taylor to blame for first 2 goals. A balls up on left hand side for 3rd. The daft thing is all of these could have been avoided by some simple league 2 defending.Warne has got to drop Taylor. He runs about yeah but thats it. Procs looked good when he came on as did Newell. I was most disappointed in Vyner though because I thought he had been ok in the other games but he didnt win a header all game and his passing was awful. Vaulks was another headless chicken. The problem is who do we replace Vyner, Taylor and Vaulks with...4 5 1 was not the right formation either. The midfield was by passed by us and them so might as well have played with an extra forward.

A good comeback though in spite of all that but all a tad too late.

Ref was crap as well so nowt ever changes in the champ on that either.
    Totally agree Roly - Taylor and Vaulks offer NOTHJING in this league and Vyner is very poor.All in all our MF is totally lacking in ideas so when we eventually do get possession everybody runs away from the player with the ball and then its launched to Smith who tries hard but again has limited ball control.I would bring Jones in for Vuner,Wiles for Vaulks and also consider Wood's future as seen last night he is so slow.

Two poor sides,difference they have a bit of quality we don’t.We can huff & puff all season but we will not blow anybody away,have we really learned anything.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It's a long shot but we could be in the bottom 3 this time tomorrow Casper
    I was trying to be optimistic and not wanting to slate individual players, after all it's a team / squad game.
    Hard work alone won't win us enough games.
    Try holding onto the ball a little longer and try pass and move, vary corners into the box. We've become too reliant on ' dead ball ' situations and created very little up to the 70th minute last night.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 22-08-2018 at 06:53 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast