+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Enough is enough

More worrying is the fact the inexperienced kid and defender from Dunkirk will probably start against Lincoln and prove to be better that Duff and Weasley

I hope Bird does start, if he was worth signing at all. I'd like to see Nolan explain why Duffy is still a better option. His "experience" hasn't helped so far.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    I never give knee jerk responses, watched the game on iFollow in Spain. It was so bad it defies description.

The players do not seem bothered, Hewitt, Jones, Duffy...my god, I could have played better tonight.

Nolan has a massive massive job on his hands with these useless underachievers. I hope we get a win Saturday but after watching that total rubbish tonight you might as well say I will be voting for Corbyn, more chance of that than us defending.
    There's a better chance of Corbyn becoming Chief Rabbi than us defending properly.

Quote Originally Posted by pielover View Post
    I've watched 85% of KN's games in charge of Notts live, so I'm confused as to why would a negative opinion be "knee jerk"?
    It's not just negative opinions, because there is every reason to post them. More a realisation that the board would be very, very busy tonight with many experts (most of who predicted a good season) now predicting eternal doom and gloom. It always happens on here, and this is from someone who advised only days ago that 40/1 for relegation was outstanding value!

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    And that comment from Joe tells a bloody tale!!
    Yep, when Soccerman joins the doom and gloom brigade you know things are really bad!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I hope Bird does start, if he was worth signing at all. I'd like to see Nolan explain why Duffy is still a better option. His "experience" hasn't helped so far.
    I've nothing against Bird, would love him to make it. My issue is he is a development player. Maybe this is a breakthrough season for him and Nolan looks like a genius, but you couldn't predict that could you. On paper we're exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Yep, when Soccerman joins the doom and gloom brigade you know things are really bad!
    I always try to look on the bright side, but have to say that the performance tonight was really concerning, particularly following the Yeovil game. Simply awful although with 2 assists and 2 goals by the attacking players brought in, maybe that part of the team is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by pielover View Post
    I've nothing against Bird, would love him to make it. My issue is he is a development player. Maybe this is a breakthrough season for him and Nolan looks like a genius, but you couldn't predict that could you. On paper we're exposed.
    Part of development is first-team experience. Yes it's a big risk, but you can legitimately argue at present that playing Duffy is at least an equal risk, if not more. These "ones for the future" have to become "ones for the present" at some point.

Nolan, in his post Yeovil interview, went the route of 'unacceptable performance' 'day off cancelled' 'hard work to put things right'.

All good, unless the team then go out and repeat the miserable performance. Which they have.

The logical conclusion for me; He can't change it.

Quote Originally Posted by nottsun View Post
    Nolan, in his post Yeovil interview, went the route of 'unacceptable performance' 'day off cancelled' 'hard work to put things right'.

All good, unless the team then go out and repeat the miserable performance. Which they have.

The logical conclusion for me; He can't change it.
    This is where it is at for me. His record in the last 9 months is at best average. He has had a monumental amount of money for this level thrown at the team and the forward acquisitions are good as we had the biggest purse. Even sitting over here its not hard to see that changes in the style of play and a midfield that has no battlers has left a defence that is off form panicking and in any event below average horribly exposed. Sure the injuries do not help but most of those players would have played last season and the lack of a battling midfielder or two ( Nolan got rid of them do not forget that) is the big issue. Stick a couple of those in front of the defense and it will sure it up considerably. Replace Duffy with Hall and we may even look half decent. His insistence on being a stubborn old bugger will kill him. Yes Kevin there are individual mistakes and MANY of them are yours in setting the style of play up to expose a powder puff defence horribly. Unless there are significant changes on the field it aint gonna change and that may require significant changes off it as well if Nolan doesn't bring in a loan player or two and stop being so stubborn with his team selections.
    Last edited by queenslandpie; 21-08-2018 at 10:48 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast