+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 169 of 209 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2083

Thread: January transfers

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    I have been frustrated by some of the performances against Celtic and Rangers but I think the hypothesis that these results are a primarily due to a failure of approach and tactics is flawed. Of course it's a factor but it's easy to isolate one factor and attribute everything to it when it supports your conclusion.

The performances against Rangers last season were unacceptable but, last season aside, our return against them hasn't been bad since their promotion and has included two wins at a venue where we hadn't previously won since the early 90s.

Similarly, our record against Celtic under Rodgers has been poor but we've had plenty of strong performances against Celtic under McInnes. Were we not trying to win when we beat them in the Scottish Cup in 2014? How about when we beat them twice at home in 2015/2016? Even the "6 pointer" at Parkhead in 2015 which we lost 4-0; we were the much better team in the first half and if we had scored the first goal the result might very well have been different. The reality is that player for player we are simply weaker than Celtic. I think the question is whether we turn up for big games rather than whether the team has been set out to win.
    Good post min.
    Fully agree

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Apologies I forgot you were a footballing master brain

Why? (the bold bit). Young Boys Bern, Rijeka, Leicester in very recent history have managed in their leagues. Young Boys are well and truly pissing the league this season too.

You suffer from the same inferiority complex as too many folk do including the manager

the pigs are not as good as they once were, last season poor, this season poor.

Our record v Brenda is nothing short of a f@cking disgrace because we are set up with fear. We are set up negatively. We are not set up to win. Why the f@ck would the second best team in the country not set up to win v the best team. You can back the manager to the hilt all you want but he is falling way short attitude wise here. He is very scared of celtic. As said above. We get beat anyway. Go down fighting instead of limping.But I could almost guarantee we would get more points off them and not go down as much as we currently do. But we don't. So lets bow to the champions instead

Pac min, a’bidy kens your dislike of our current coach, it is like ground hog day on here regardless of any result, hopefully we kick on in the league......oh, and bowing is a sign of weakness.

SF

Why? (the bold bit). Young Boys Bern, Rijeka, Leicester in very recent history have managed in their leagues. Young Boys are well and truly pissing the league this season too.

You suffer from the same inferiority complex as too many folk do including the manager

the pigs are not as good as they once were, last season poor, this season poor.

Our record v Brenda is nothing short of a f@cking disgrace because we are set up with fear. We are set up negatively. We are not set up to win. Why the f@ck would the second best team in the country not set up to win v the best team. You can back the manager to the hilt all you want but he is falling way short attitude wise here. He is very scared of celtic. As said above. We get beat anyway. Go down fighting instead of limping.But I could almost guarantee we would get more points off them and not go down as much as we currently do. But we don't. So lets bow to the champions instead

Why quote Young Boys? That is in comparison to Rangers or Celtic in their league?

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    Why quote Young Boys? That is in comparison to Rangers or Celtic in their league?
    The financial gulf is huge so YB are relevant

And they are nothing like the Glasgow gruesomes and the swiss league is nothing like Scotland with 10 teams having won the leagues since YB won the league last in 1986 . Last season they stopped 9 in a row by Basel. This was also their first ever season in the CL

YB are a very similar club to ourselves. A very good comparison
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 30-01-2019 at 08:33 AM. Reason: sh@te spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Pac min, a’bidy kens your dislike of our current coach, it is like ground hog day on here regardless of any result, hopefully we kick on in the league......oh, and bowing is a sign of weakness.

SF
    This is more a discussion on the "we are happy we are nae sh@te anymore" brigade/attitude and how its disillusioning. This being started by rumours that we are potentially to sign pigs on loan

Why put in the hard work to get where we are and not aspire to go further. McInnes is just one part of that negative engine that drives the club

Plus this discussion started well before last nights win

Which everyone has voiced their happiness on

This is more a discussion on the "we are happy we are nae sh@te anymore" brigade/attitude and how its disillusioning. This being started by rumours that we are potentially to sign pigs on loan

Why put in the hard work to get where we are and not aspire to go further. McInnes is just one part of that negative engine that drives the club

Plus this discussion started well before last nights win

Which everyone has voiced their happiness on
    Small cogs and big wheels in any engine should work in tandem, however our big wheel will not give the small cog sufficient lubrication to make the engine run better than it is, thems the facts sadly.

SF

How could you forget?
    Seriously though, I do not claim to be a footballing master brain, but it is plainly evident that like us, Celtic find it harder to score against teams that are defensively organised and set up.
    Like us, they'd love teams to open up against teams and leave spaces to be exploited.
    Like us, they love to counter at pace.

The reality is that give celtic space and opportunity and they are more clinical than us at taking those opportunities.
    Therefore the best tactic is to frustrate and restrict their opportunities and whilst it also restricts our opportunities, it's the best way to level the teams.

I get the gung-ho attitude as a more exciting and passionate way to tackle a game, but its not necessarily the best likelihood to succeed in the game.
    I reckon being gung-ho, would occasionally bring out a win, but suspect that would mean a lot more heavier defeats and the nett result would be poorer in terms of returns

Just my opinion, but I understand the tactics deployed and why its a better option than opening up and leaving us exposed.

A move for Hayes ruled out. How realistic it ever was, who knows, but it would have been lazy scouting, had it happened.

Would have added to the over 30s club, which currently has a membership of Lewis, Logan, Considine, Reynolds and McGinn, with Stewart joining next year, should he remain with AFC beyond the summer

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    How could you forget?
    Seriously though, I do not claim to be a footballing master brain, but it is plainly evident that like us, Celtic find it harder to score against teams that are defensively organised and set up.
    Like us, they'd love teams to open up against teams and leave spaces to be exploited.
    Like us, they love to counter at pace.

The reality is that give celtic space and opportunity and they are more clinical than us at taking those opportunities.
    Therefore the best tactic is to frustrate and restrict their opportunities and whilst it also restricts our opportunities, it's the best way to level the teams.

I get the gung-ho attitude as a more exciting and passionate way to tackle a game, but its not necessarily the best likelihood to succeed in the game.
    I reckon being gung-ho, would occasionally bring out a win, but suspect that would mean a lot more heavier defeats and the nett result would be poorer in terms of returns

Just my opinion, but I understand the tactics deployed and why its a better option than opening up and leaving us exposed.
    The defensive approach against Rodgers Celtic has hardly served us well. Attack them is the way to beat them. Sitting in and hoping they make a mistake and gift us a goal is a pathetic approach from a sh!tebag manager who cannot coach our players to be a good attacking system.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    A move for Hayes ruled out. How realistic it ever was, who knows, but it would have been lazy scouting, had it happened.

Would have added to the over 30s club, which currently has a membership of Lewis, Logan, Considine, Reynolds and McGinn, with Stewart joining next year, should he remain with AFC beyond the summer
    Good. Stupid signing if it happened. He's played about 3 minutes in two years. I read somewhere that it was close though.

Hopefully that doesn't mean we go for Lewis Morgan now.

I can't see anyone coming in creative wise that's permanent though. Not with Stewart not giving us an answer till the end need or the season.

Page 169 of 209 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast