+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today's Match Report From A Reight Fan

A wunt seh thuz a massive gulf between our clubs, ok on the pitch today perhaps there was but a remembered Notts county wor int top flight in 1992 and they ev a good history as a football league club

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Noticeable number of empty seats today at Oakwell ........cough !!

It was a tenner ya tight @ss bleedahs , dunt cum moaning to me abart FA cup losing its magic when ya dunt turn up at that price for an hoome game .

That said you missed a great second half , first half was a bit huff and puff although we still managed to miss some relatively easy chances , Woodrow and Moore were the chief culprits .

Notts County looked dangerous on the counter in the first half but lacked confidence and any real belief , a better side would have exploited some worrying gaps down the channels .

Woodrow opened his reds account a couple of minutes in to the second half with a smart volleyed finish after a defensive mix up , nice for the lad to get off the mark and he showed some nice touches with some encouraging link up play with Moore in the second half .

Fryers made it two with a smart finish in to the corner from a flowing reds counter attacking move .

From then on it was a case of how many , County push up seeking to get back in the game and were caught time and time again by the reds on the counter , we could have had 8 easily , some shocking finishing at times , Moore managed to hit the cross bar with an open goal and 4 yards out , oh dear .

He eventually broke down the left and set up Potts for a tap in to make it 3-0 and then grabbed our fourth late on .

A combination of decent goalkeeping and poor finishing kept it to four .

Notts County looked a very poor side in all honesty , top marks to their fans who stuck it out and stayed while the end , they deserve better from their team .

In to the hat for monday night's draw and hopefully a home game against anybody really , not fussed to be honest .
    Cheers for report Animal.
    There’s been too many games we can get to easily so early in the season. if you add it up. Coventry, Perpteborough, Fleetwood, Blackpool, Bradford, Rochdale, Shrewsbury, Oldham, Scunny, plus all the Home games, that’s a fair few, and they are all bunched up this season, usually a bit more spread out the decent short trips. . It’s not all about the cost.
    Love the cup, but Feck it, needed a weekend off.....
    p!ssed about missing 4 goals though!!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I watched Lindsay today with interest , up in the east stand top tier I thought I'd give him some attention .

My verdict is , he's bloody awful and Jackson needs to come in in my opinion .

Not one forward pass found a red shirt all afternoon , his positioning at times is dreadful .

He's the weak link at the back for me , very poor performance today and we should be able to bring in better if Jackson doesn't do it either .
    Heard again today , that Lindsey is likely to move in January , whether he does I'm not sure , certainly not been playing very well lately , at times he looks disinterested , prefer Jackson anyway ,

Said all along this kid was a bit hairy fairy Roma. Never rated him. He's a poor mans Martin Cranie and I thought he was sh1te as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12