+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben Purrington

Ben Purrington

Up for League 1 player of the month apparently. We need to get this lad back next season and have a good look at him.

I think we're doing the right thing ultimately, as long as we can recall whenever we need, Mattock is having a great season up to yet so Ben wouldn't knock him out right now, but if he got injured? we have no cover at left back at present.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Up for League 1 player of the month apparently. We need to get this lad back next season and have a good look at him.
    I believe he might be out of contract at the end of the season ?

According to Frogs stats it looks like he is contracted till Summer 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    I believe he might be out of contract at the end of the season ?
    Contracted until end of next season if previous information on here (and RUFC Official site) is correct

Yes he’s contracted till July 2020.
    A decision to be made by BP as whether to ask for a transfer and move on.

I think he is a good solid defender with what I have seen of him. Maybe not pretty going forward like Mattock but would be good in league 1 if we were to go down this season.

I thought Purrington and Warne’s “human being test” clashed?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I thought Purrington and Warne’s “human being test” clashed?
    Never actually read ought about that grist but it did cross my mind..not like us to spend 300k? on somebody and not play him...

300k,a large sum by our spending levels. Who suggested Purrington, was it the recruitment team or Warne himself? Either way it doesn't appear to have worked out.

You would like to think that if BP asked to go out on loan, it was merely because he wasn't getting the game time he was probably guaranteed. Cant blame him for that if that is the case.

If he's not returning then he simply has to be sold close season in order to clear him off the wage bill and allow someone else to some in.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast