+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The "You've got to be realistic" thread

The "You've got to be realistic" thread

Harper's at it now, repeating this tired old mantra...Now 3rd or 4th is an excellent season if we're being realistic.

But those chumps in and around the club will have to be realistic themselves. If we're going to continue being this loser challenger brand then no-one is going to come through the turnstiles. But, you've got to be realistic AFC, perennially 5hitebagging isn't good to watch. Cacking your collective pants when faced with the gruesome twosome isn't good for business. Having a pish team whilst we move into an out of town kit stadium isn't going to finance the aforementioned white elephant.

I'm just being realistic though, and that will be my excuse not to bother attending, just like the club's (and it's pals with access to the inner sanctum to the brotherhood) excuse for playing like a bunch of phannies when faced by Septic and the "strong 'Rangers' (Sevco) that our league needs" and never winning nothing or getting pumped out of Europe early doors every season is that we, the fans, have got to be f@cking realistic.

Well if we've got to be realistic then why you charging £28 a pop for your fans to watch you throw up the white flag in the first five minutes. If we're being realistic then it isn't worth a penny. Not that it bothers Harper beacuse, if I'm being realistic, he has probably never paid into Pittodrie so he doesn't waste any money watching that pish.

...and I couldn't give a flying f@ck if the new training pitches are named after Leigh Hinds, Gary McDonald, Ian Porteous and Dave f@cking Bus because if we're being realistic your only trying to mask the ineptitude of how our club is being run into the ground by feeding us irrelevant 5hite...

Third is realistic. Winning the league should still be possible.

I'd happily accept finishing anywhere in the league as long as our player's come off the field covered in blood, sweat, dubs and snotters. I'd happily accept finishing anywhere in the league as long as as we had a go.

What is hard to accept are boring tactics, a team that doesn't give a **** and tickets at £28. Oh and a club that are completely disconnected from their fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    I've consistently said that our main focus in the league should always be to make sure we beat the dross consistently. This year every team in the league other than celtic and sevco are utter garbage so after ten games we should have been sitting with a minimum of 24 points with 2 tough games against sevco/celtic up for grabs. Even if we lost those two games (and actually if we had won the other 8 then I would have fancied us to take points in the other 2 games as well) then at worst we are one point off the top of the league.

It is just criminal that we have blown a very healthy wage bill on such poor quality players as we really could have been up at the top challenging simply because every other team is so beatable this year. No reason at all if we had our 2015/16 team that we couldn't have ended up with more than 80 points this season. Poor recruitment is just killing us.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post

I'd happily accept finishing anywhere in the league as long as our player's come off the field covered in blood, sweat, dubs and snotters. I'd happily accept finishing anywhere in the league as long as as we had a go.

What is hard to accept are boring tactics, a team that doesn't give a **** and tickets at £28. Oh and a club that are completely disconnected from their fanbase.
    I don`t think any of us are be unrealistic expecting our Team to give Celtic a hard game.

Livingston can do it. So we can do it.

I don`t want to be seeing their Centre Half run the entire length of the field unchallenged.
    I don`t want to see Scott Brown wander about untroubled.

I want them hurrying their passes because we are closing them down and harrassing them.

I want to see A SHOT ON GOAL. Aye, just one or a start.

If we can go to iprix and do this , despite ALL the Refereeing decisions that go against us. We can do it against Celtic AT HOME, despite Beaton too.

Oh , and McInnes. Just how the **** mant stupid free kicks does Logan have to give away before you toss him out and let a youngster in there ? He cost us away to Rijeka, and he did a stupid again against Celtic. How many ?!!

Jeez. i was almost wishing for Main to free to play. Because at least he would have put a shift in !!!

Aaaaaarrrggghhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    I don`t think any of us are be unrealistic expecting our Team to give Celtic a hard game.

Livingston can do it. So we can do it.
    This ^^ This most pragmatic comment since the Celtic horror show. Cast minds back to the 2016/17 SCF we gave them a real go ..harried ,closed down, got in their faces, scored, made them fight every inch, We were unlucky we deserved to win. So if we can put a shift like that in why not every game ? This what infuriates me and I lay this squarely at McInnes door..