+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 69 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: January transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    So you don't disagree completely because you then agree we need creativity in midfield? So is that not a priority?

Lazy signing is nothing to do with knowing the players as I thought I had explained in my post.
    I don't know if it's lazy or not, but if you put the last window together with this one and the one before, it's clear mistakes have been made. We'll have brought in Ojo, Bryson and McGeouch into a midfield that already contained Ferguson (who is always on the team sheet) and Campbell, not to mention Gleeson. All relatively similar players.

In a world where we have some width, pace and creativity in our midfield I'm assuming McInnes ideally wants to play 2 out of those 6, leaving space for a more creative midfielder and 2 wide men. 6 players competing for 2 positions seems like overload to me.

Either that or he sees one of them as the creative spark we're missing. But if so, which one? Not sure anyone on here sees any of these as providing that for the team.

You can only assume come the summer we'll shed some of these guys. I'm assuming Gleeson goes out this window. Maybe Campbell goes out on loan, although that would be a shame I think.

Of course the worrying scenario is that he does in fact want to play 3 of these together with 2 wingers and one up top. But if so that looks worryingly like another half season of turgid football to me.

All I want for Christmas 2019, a little belatedly, is some creativity in our midfield. I'm guessing that has now to be a loan. At the risk of upsetting folks with views on where our loans come from (who in principle I agree with), at this stage I pretty much don't care what team we get someone in from, so long as they've got a bit of creativity about them.
    Last edited by Don Julio; 15-01-2020 at 06:20 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    So you don't disagree completely because you then agree we need creativity in midfield? So is that not a priority?

Lazy signing is nothing to do with knowing the players as I thought I had explained in my post.
    You used McGeoch as a definition of a lazy signing . I read your post and don't agree. You might have explained your position but as I pointed out I'm happy with McGeoch. You are not cest La vie.

Mark Gallagher from County also signed pending a medical, 2.5 yr deal

Never played in County’s 1st team

5 figure transfer fee involved.

Press also suggesting we’ve “agreed a five figure fee” for Mark Gallagher of Ross County.
    He was mentioned about a week ago.
    Strange one.
    Spending money on a player who’s not played a game for Ross County in the top league.

Folk will mention Lewis Ferguson, but he’d played for Accies in the top league for half a season.
    Last edited by RedStarTorphins; 15-01-2020 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Mark Gallagher from County also signed pending a medical, 2.5 yr deal

Never played in County’s 1st team

5 figure transfer fee involved.
    Just beat me to it FTH

That's an interesting one.

Especially to spend a fee given we have Campbell and Virtanen also for centre mid on top of the senior four

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    That's an interesting one.

Especially to spend a fee given we have Campbell and Virtanen also for centre mid on top of the senior four
    I know it’s “only” Arbroath, but Virtanen is apparently doing very well there.
    Is that his level though?

I do think him being one of the best players in championship is probably a slight spanner in works as we probably had him written off

mcinnes continues to have the highest hopes for Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    I do think him being one of the best players in championship is probably a slight spanner in works as we probably had him written off

mcinnes continues to have the highest hopes for Campbell
    He can also play right back.
    Would’ve been cover/competition for Logan.
    Probably off getting another 12-15 games under his belt at a decent Scottish level though.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Press also suggesting we’ve “agreed a five figure fee” for Mark Gallagher of Ross County.
    He was mentioned about a week ago.
    Strange one.
    Spending money on a player who’s not played a game for Ross County in the top league.

Folk will mention Lewis Ferguson, but he’d played for Accies in the top league for half a season.
    Five figure fee is a drop in the ocean compared to what we spend on scouting players

Page 33 of 69 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast