+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotherham fined £150,000

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Had there been an incident and someone was killed because of a locked door then there may well be no more club.

Looks like £150k isn’t that bad after all.
    True. As someone who works for an organisation whose safety policy has been called into question resulting in the loss of human life I can attest that finding and fining for faults is much better than the alternative.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_W...ain_derailment
    Last edited by CAMiller; 15-01-2020 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Happy New Year.

I'm good thanks, but I am trying to wean myself off posting on here too often. Too many circular arguments!
    I found that the easiest way to wean myself off was to complain to the mods about racism and the use of ***ually explicit swear words on the site.
    2 or 3 days later I was banned for life and have not been able to post since!!
    Of course Kerr you will ask if I can prove causation or was it simply 2 unrelated events.
    We would have to ask the 2 dimwits.
    Have a break Kerr is my advice.
    You are a good poster and sound like one of the good guys but take a break and trust me you will feel better for it.
    Good to see scum,gmgm and a few others still posting on here.
    I am now off back to total obscurity
    Cue comment from mikemiller,an example of all what is wrong with our education system

Just out of interest, does anybody know if Rotherham Council was legally bound to bring this case because of the type of incident it was? Is the council responsible for overseeing safety at the stadium or is that the remit of the Health and Safety Executive?

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    I found that the easiest way to wean myself off was to complain to the mods about racism and the use of ***ually explicit swear words on the site.
    Of course Kerr you will ask if I can prove causation or was it simply 2 unrelated events.
    You are a good poster and sound like one of the good guys but take a break and trust me you will feel better for it.
    Cue comment from mikemiller,an example of all what is wrong with our education system
    British legal system eh. Life doesnt mean life anymore. Out in a couple of years. Bloody liberals made the country go weak.

Happy New Year, kempo.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Just out of interest, does anybody know if Rotherham Council was legally bound to bring this case because of the type of incident it was? Is the council responsible for overseeing safety at the stadium or is that the remit of the Health and Safety Executive?
    The council was not legally obliged to bring the case. As a private prosecutor they were required to apply guidance issued by the DPP to determine:

1. Whether there was sufficient evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction; and
    2. Whether a prosecution was required in the public interest.

The council is responsible for the licencing of the ground and so has the responsibility to enforce the legislation contravened in this case.

He's actually a very educated guy Kemps... I would be surprised if he aint in the top 5% of posters on here for educational qualifications. That's why he has you sussed...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 15-01-2020 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    He's actually a very educated guy Kemps... I would be surprised if he aint in the top 5% of posters on here for educational qualifications. That's why he has you sussed...
    Top 5% ...lol

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Sorry if this has been posted already:

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...ment-14-01-20/
    I am most surprised

Escape doors to be used in the event of of a fire should never be able to be locked from the inside in the event of a fire.
    If someone was able to lock the door from the inside then the door and / or locking mechanism needs changing.
    If the fire alarm was activated then any electronic magnetic locks should have dropped off thereby allowing people to exit.
    These should be tested once a week for obvious reasons.

If there was an dangerous locking system in place then the area should not have been granted a Building Control certificate when the stadium was built. Someone may have altered the locking mechanism afterwards though.
    I would imagine various aspects of The landlords insurance would have also been invalid if there was an incident and a subsequent claim

I'm not surprised at the level of the fine. Operators of buildings where the public are present have a duty of care and are bound by very stringent workplace regulations and standards. They are there for a reason and the Health and Safety Executive amongst others Would not have held back if there was an incident and would have prosecuted if appropriate.
    It's likely that some or all of the Directors would have been in the dock to try and argue for their freedom.
    The level of the fine would have been set to make an example of an organisation who should have known better but has the ability to pay
    Last edited by flourbasher; 15-01-2020 at 11:23 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast