+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Barrow 07.03.20

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Two questions Swale:

1. Is it really "because it is becoming the majority of NCM these days" or is that factually incorrect? If it was "the majority of NCM" that would mean more than half of all topics. Have look at all of the topics and all of those that descend into petty arguments. I know this is semantics, but it's important to put it into perspective.

2. When you claim "because it is becoming the majority of NCM these days as others post less and less because of it", are posting numbers really down? I don't see it, but as a mod you probably have more info on this than I do. You will be a hero if you prove me wrong!
    As Morrissey said, ‘ The Devil finds work for idle hands to do’.

I think the board is fine how it is, if people want to get into heated discussions with people then that's life.

... away from boring little spats ... there was a football match. Barrow failed to bully us and the ref. Maybe they have bullied other teams throughout the season and this has been a component in their success. Outstanding for us was Rawlinson who, I think, held the defence together leading to increasing the frustration of the desperate Quigley and, perhaps, his shocking two footed challenge. The wind was the great leveller in this game. It lessened in the second half. Notts were full value and bitter Barrow, their bubble now burst, could well fail over coming weeks. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... away from boring little spats ... there was a football match. Barrow failed to bully us and the ref. Maybe they have bullied other teams throughout the season and this has been a component in their success. Outstanding for us was Rawlinson who, I think, held the defence together leading to increasing the frustration of the desperate Quigley and, perhaps, his shocking two footed challenge. The wind was the great leveller in this game. It lessened in the second half. Notts were full value and bitter Barrow, their bubble now burst, could well fail over coming weeks. COYP
    Talking about defence though, is it a shock Lacey comes back in and we keep a clean sheet again?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    All will be revealed over the next 10 games (is that's how many is left ?)
    so having teams miss penalties against us isn't lucky ????????? maybe just a little bit lucky ?
    Having 3 cleared of the line although resolute , is maybe a little bit lucky ????????
    I think my reference to NA's appalling tactics were more than him being clueless away from home , they were based over seasons worth of games where he failed to win enough games to keep us up ...and then carried on with the same formula to keep us in mediocrity..
    and which if it was carried on would leave us struggling to reach the play offs !
    will normal service be resumed on Tuesday or will the new Dynamic Ardley be revealed again where he dares to play for a win.?
    All will be revealed !xxxxxxxx
    What is normal service?
    We’ve won more games than we’ve drawn and lost so I assume you mean we will win?
    It’s pretty obvious nothing NA does will change your mind. You feel it’s solely his fault we got relegated and whilst I disagree you’re entitled to that opinion.
    What annoys me is when people state as ‘facts’ that we will never get promoted with NA as manager and we will be lucky to finish in the top 10.
    You stated I had been fooled by our 5-0 cup win and did I seriously think we would win any of our games in hand. A win on Tuesday we go 3rd.
    We’ve lost twice in the last 17 games!
    Stop trying to search for the negatives and just enjoy an exciting run in.
    NA is far from a perfect manager but he’s far from being as bad as you make out. And if you’re having to refer to goal line clearances to try and make your point, I think that proves it!
    All will be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    What is normal service?
    We’ve won more games than we’ve drawn and lost so I assume you mean we will win?
    It’s pretty obvious nothing NA does will change your mind. You feel it’s solely his fault we got relegated and whilst I disagree you’re entitled to that opinion.
    What annoys me is when people state as ‘facts’ that we will never get promoted with NA as manager and we will be lucky to finish in the top 10.
    You stated I had been fooled by our 5-0 cup win and did I seriously think we would win any of our games in hand. A win on Tuesday we go 3rd.
    We’ve lost twice in the last 17 games!
    Stop trying to search for the negatives and just enjoy an exciting run in.
    NA is far from a perfect manager but he’s far from being as bad as you make out. And if you’re having to refer to goal line clearances to try and make your point, I think that proves it!
    All will be revealed.
    Isn't that what defenders are for to make goal line clearances and defend? The same as keepers are there to make saves, it isn't luck it is what they are paid to do.

Can anyone who was at the game tell me if Barrow are promoted is their ground up to league standard, watching Charlie Slater's after match report on face book it didn't look like it to me.

No secret... I’m not Ardleys biggest fan but that was a hell of a win yesterday. Ardley and Cox outsmarted them from the beginning and the big boys from Barrow had no answers.

I think Barrows bubble has burst... I think Harrogate on current form, will now sneak in for the title.

Well done Notts... 6 more points this week and playoffs here we come.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    No secret... I’m not Ardleys biggest fan but that was a hell of a win yesterday. Ardley and Cox outsmarted them from the beginning and the big boys from Barrow had no answers.

I think Barrows bubble has burst... I think Harrogate on current form, will now sneak in for the title.

Well done Notts... 6 more points this week and playoffs here we come.
    Notts v Barrow in the play off final

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Can anyone who was at the game tell me if Barrow are promoted is their ground up to league standard, watching Charlie Slater's after match report on face book it didn't look like it to me.
    Their ground got the green light from the FL last week. Those toilets though.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast