+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 30% wage cut

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Curian View Post
    So:
    1. Civil servants who are not only organising the payments to all folk across the peice but have to put the mechanisms in place and so on - as well as CS who are in the front line helping victims of the virus - no need to pay them then. Though the money would go to getting medicines, equipment and such like, I suspect
    2. Illegal immigrants food bill - so let them starve then.
    3. Dosser benefit claimants - is that the "daily mail" ones or are these the ones who actually claim out of genuine need about 99%. Of course that also includes disability benefits as well as well as other payments for many necessary needs.

By giving donations, footballers are off-setting their tax bill- legal but a number will do it as it helps them pay less tax. Others are genuinely grateful to earn what they earn and want to give back. So, if you're a higher rate taxpayer, you can claim, from HMRC, the difference between the basic rate of tax claimed by the charity on your donation and the higher rate of tax you actually pay. No issue with that and I see that as a good thing to do.

I do agree with your point about attacking footballers, who by their very nature are generally working class lads that have made good. And it does deflect from the real issues of the these Tory successive governments since 2010 under funding all public and sector service e.g. social services, fire fighters, police, NHS and ad on infinitum. I believe Rees-Mogg firm has informed their people how to make a "killing" from these uncertain times re the market! Oh yes but let's blame footballers as there are an easy target.

Your post had a germ of reason but again it got lost in your prejudices. Hence why at this testing time for many, we are not all in this together.
    do the dossers need more money nope .
    do we need to feed illegals nope there is charities for that

yes im sure that if you do give to charity it does of set some tax but not the amounts these are giving

i dont think the nhs is inderfunded i think it does to much that it shouldnt and it supplies to much

when i had my fingers done (privateley ) i had to go and get some exrays done several weeks later
    in the local nhs hospital

in the xray deprtment aloan there were about 13 of us waiting
    6 had interpreters with them as they couldnt speak engish
    thats wrong
    and that is just in one department
    so the funding is there
    its what its been made to spend it on

i dont see the police or firefighters should get any praise in these times

the police can catch people sunbathing but couldnt catch lads wondring around with knoves and machettes ,didnt see them out on the streets then

my lads a voluntary fire fighter nad they havent been out for weeks apart from a hay fire and to assist a pile up on the A16

i dont see it putting pressure on every hospital
    peterborugh has 48-50 reported cases over the entire period 12 hospitalised the rest sent home ,and the three deaths all had underlying issues and all had been in hospital for several weeks

and unfortunately we are all in this together ,the virus doesnt know how ch you earn

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    i dont think the nhs is inderfunded
    And with that one sentence, you've rendered anything else you say on the subject absolutely redundant.

I'm not even going to get into a debate with you.

That is the most ridiculous thing you've ever said on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    And with that one sentence, you've rendered anything else you say on the subject absolutely redundant.

Before the corona virus Boris and mob were boasting about them going to fund the N.H.S. with £120 billion which looked good until John McDonald pointed out that over the years of Tory AUSTERITY they had fleeced it of £196 billion. And one dolt says they are not underfunded.

Where is education and common sense when it's most needed.

it isnt underfunded it is spending money ont things the NHS ISNT SET UP TO DO

you could say every part of the goverment is underfunded schools roads etc etc

you can only give it what the taxes allow ,what it needs to do is like all buisness,charities,hospices etc etc is decide what it is going to spend it on
    and igf that means stopping certain procedures then so be it
    even doctors employed by the nhs say it could save over 3 billion by stopping inefective or unesscary treatments .these range from
    brest enlarging or reduction
    grommets for glue ear
    good old mnemaroid surgery
    gangloins
    varicose veins
    and then there are savings on medicines hat get over charged to the nhs but could be covered by standard over the counter medicines

so some of it is over funded

sorry if you dont have th intellect to understand that or indeed research it

i wouldnt want yoy to debate
    it is obvious you dont understand it as well as i do

Your next ban will be a permanent one.

Quite frankly, if you'd said that to another poster that would be it for you on here. No, it's not the biggest insult in the world and I have broad shoulders so it doesn't register even a flicker of offence. Have a go at what someone has said by all means but I think I speak for most when I say people are tired of you belittling people or insulting them. Your post would have been absolutely fine without that last bit-I don't agree with it but that's not a problem. Have a go at the post not the poster. It's not like folk aren't going to fall out and that's natural but no-one has the history of having a go at posters like you-just in case you think you're being unfairly singled out.

Your next ban will be a permanent one.

Quite frankly, if you'd said that to another poster that would be it for you on here. No, it's not the biggest insult in the world and I have broad shoulders so it doesn't register even a flicker of offence. Have a go at what someone has said by all means but I think I speak for most when I say people are tired of you belittling people or insulting them. Your post would have been absolutely fine without that last bit-I don't agree with it but that's not a problem. Have a go at the post not the poster. It's not like folk aren't going to fall out and that's natural but no-one has the history of having a go at posters like you-just in case you think you're being unfairly singled out.
    Zip might not ban you for it.

But I will - he can decide not to as it was directed at him but I can as it was direct at another user, even if he is a mod.

You're banned and permanently this time.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)