+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Its true, Wigan are about the only club where the new owners can not have Covid as an excuse if they provided proof of funds in order to take over.

On TS, he never took us into administration. He became the new owner after we had already entered it. We did get -17 for the unorthodox way we left administration, though I can't remember the details.

Jeremy Bleazard was the administrator that time.
    I think (not certain so happy to be corrected) that in order to avoid an additional points penalty the club must exit Administration via a CVA (Company Voluntary Arrangement - an agreement with creditors). From memory I dont think we (RUFC/ TS) agreed a satisfactory settlement with those owed money and so couldn't exit via a CVA. I seem to recall one creditor seeking full recompense.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    I think (not certain so happy to be corrected) that in order to avoid an additional points penalty the club must exit Administration via a CVA (Company Voluntary Arrangement - an agreement with creditors). From memory I dont think we (RUFC/ TS) agreed a satisfactory settlement with those owed money and so couldn't exit via a CVA. I seem to recall one creditor seeking full recompense.
    Did we have 2 insolvencies / administrations in the period between Booth and Stewart. Something happened at the end of the Miller05 tenure, then under Macio/Coleman. I remember Coleman being barred by the EFL from being a director.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post

Jeremy Bleazard was the administrator that time.
    Yes Bleazard. Krasner did Leeds after the Ridsdale fiasco and became Chairman of the club (good old wiki).

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Did we have 2 insolvencies / administrations in the period between Booth and Stewart. Something happened at the end of the Miller05 tenure, then under Macio/Coleman. I remember Coleman being barred by the EFL from being a director.
    Coleman was banned as a director as he was involved in 2 administration events. The CVA he did not long after buying the club and the administration of the club before TS took over.

Personally, I hope that Wigan lose the appeal. Hard to believe that some on here would prefer a Lancashire Club to stay up whilst a South Yorkshire club go down. Add to that the fact that they brought Dicko back from his Millers loan so that No Jacket Required could take him. Yes petty I know, but you go into admin and you lose points. They got where they were through paying daft money (keifer on 18k per week if Animal is correct] to players so hard luck.

And another thing....I hope Wednesday stay up n'all.

Interesting to see these good wishes for Barnsley.

I wonder if they will continue if they beat us twice next season?

No problem with Barnsley. Good rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Interesting to see these good wishes for Barnsley.

I wonder if they will continue if they beat us twice next season?
    Depends how/if they beat us, I’ll obviously moan though if we lose

Do not mind losing to Barnsley, as long as the Players put up a better show than last time at Oakwell by the then Millers team.

Quote Originally Posted by Galley On View Post
    Personally, I hope that Wigan lose the appeal. Hard to believe that some on here would prefer a Lancashire Club to stay up whilst a South Yorkshire club go down. Add to that the fact that they brought Dicko back from his Millers loan so that No Jacket Required could take him.
    You forgot when Barnsley poached Robins and Breckin, and Kieffer Moore?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast