+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T To all the chefs on here.

O/T To all the chefs on here.

I'm doing some duck breasts to accompany a turkey joint and I've had a request for cherry sauce to go with the duck, anybody got relatively simple recipes?
    I'm not bad with sauces usually, wondered is it simply replace say mushrooms with cherries, for example and a tweak on the seasoning or is it a bit more complicated than that?

On the subject of cooking on here, it got me thinking, did anybody find out if Crash was ok?
    Not seen him on here fior ages and was hoping nothing was wrong.
    I remember somebody asking a while ago but can't recall seeing any reply.

This one worked for us and reasonably easy

We made up the chicken stock from one of those stock pot capsules and used a bit of marmalade in place of the optional jam

https://www.gressinghamduck.co.uk/re...ed-wine-sauce/

(no idea on Crash, hope he's ok)

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    This one worked for us and reasonably easy

We made up the chicken stock from one of those stock pot capsules and used a bit of marmalade in place of the optional jam

https://www.gressinghamduck.co.uk/re...ed-wine-sauce/

(no idea on Crash, hope he's ok)
    Cheers grist
    Exactly what I wss looking for, I did a search on the net but didn't come across that one.

I hope crash is OK too.
    Even if he's just got fed up with posting on here it would be good to know all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by MagyarMiller View Post
    I'm doing some duck breasts to accompany a turkey joint and I've had a request for cherry sauce to go with the duck, anybody got relatively simple recipes?
    I'm not bad with sauces usually, wondered is it simply replace say mushrooms with cherries, for example and a tweak on the seasoning or is it a bit more complicated than that?

On the subject of cooking on here, it got me thinking, did anybody find out if Crash was ok?
    Not seen him on here fior ages and was hoping nothing was wrong.
    I remember somebody asking a while ago but can't recall seeing any reply.
    Here ya go fella. Simple easy peasy. Hope all goes well and best wishes for Christmas and the New Year.

NB. I tried to call Crash the other day but he's changed his landline number.