+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cant Understand Normal Thinking

Cant Understand Normal Thinking

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post

the malaise of the snowflake generation is that they don’t realise what they say in the first place may have consequences and when it does they are the snow flake protection association cries unfair.

thought all her comments about Leeds were poor - Jimmy H had raised eyebrows a few times. First she said we would lose to WBA the spouted the burn out nonsense without any understanding or qualifications in human physiology let alone any understanding of Leeds.

If we are to have equality balance in men’s sporting events (yes that does sound odd) then a least choose literate sensible pundits.

Think the main thing here is, it is clear she has just do no research or looked at Leeds. She has just thought oh wait everyone says they 'burn out' and jumped on it, no insight, no tactical nouse, nothing just say we got promoted because of COVID (which is nonsnese) then claim we will burn out this season.

It is boring, it is overused and it isn't interesting. Sadly there are very few good intelligent pundits these days most are just the types who turn up on game day say what comes to their head and go home, none of them seem to do any prior work like commentators who weren't footballers do. They all seem to have some sense of entitlement to have this job and that it doesn't matter how little effort they put into it.

Or worse they all sit there and go how fun it is then we lose one say 4-1 and they're all talking about how 'naive' it is and how we've been 'found out' etc etc.

Hope the club do not bow to pressure to take down their tweet - they were spot on and what she said was disrespectful to the club, the players, the support staff, coaches and fans.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    A "star" if women's football. Says it all. Nit being ***ist, before anyone says otherwise, simply suggesting that there is a LONG way to go before there are sufficient quality ex-professional female footballers to be able to select the ones that can act as quality pundits. (Look how long it has taken for the mens game to do so, and we still have to out up with some real gobsh1tes!).

Problem is that the broadcasters are under pressure to be more "inclusive" no matter how poor the quality of the available supply of "contenders".

Easiest thing is to ignore and let her show herself up for the uninformed, lazy, irrelevance that she is.

I just don’t understand anyone having a go at Leeds about this !?
    Carney was derogatory and offended many people and was clearly incorrect.
    I have seen the tweet from LUFC and it is minimal, accurate, none aggressive and very moderate indeed.
    Or have I missed something?

I fully agree with everyone that the comments from Carney were uninformed, unnecessary and, frankly, stupid.
    That being said, I'd rather we take the tweet down. I can see the media making a massive deal out of this and I don't think that we, as a club, need any distractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer999 View Post
    I have seen the tweet from LUFC and it is minimal, accurate, none aggressive and very moderate indeed.
    Daily Star, no more needs to be said really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer999 View Post
    No, you haven't, but it relates to Leeds, so inevitably the meedja will make what they can of it, as usual.

Its a complete none story.

Media pundit use massive media platfom to make spurious claim about Leeds.

Club uses media platform to respond with facts (nothing else is implied).

Definitely a slow news day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)